• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 12/22/08

Posted by on December 22nd, 2008 · Comments (7)

Feel free to use this post as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related (or within reach of tagging the bag of being Yankees-related on a decent slide) today. It could be a casual conversation offering, or, something you saw in the news, or something very detailed that you want to share that’s within the territory of Yankeeland.

Or, comment on something that someone else has posted here in the comments…

Have fun. Play nice. And, remember, keep it Yankees-focused.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 12/22/08

1. clintfsu813
      December 22nd, 2008 | 3:04 pm

2. YankCrank
      December 22nd, 2008 | 3:13 pm

I know my name isn’t Steve but i’ll answer. My next choice is for the Yankees to get a bench player either named Johnny Gomes or Rocco Baldelli. I’d rather invest lower dollars into a deep bench than throwing big money at one of the average, middle-aged names after Manny/Tex/Dunn.

3. YankCrank
      December 22nd, 2008 | 3:14 pm

I shouldn’t have written big money, I think what I meant was bigger money than what it would take to get some bench players.

4. YankCrank
      December 22nd, 2008 | 3:34 pm

I take back that Johnny Gomes idea, he’s awful.

5. clintfsu813
      December 22nd, 2008 | 4:03 pm

Lol..so is Dye out of the question?

6. December 22nd, 2008 | 4:26 pm

~~Here’s an interesting question, Steve, (And one you may have already answered), If we dont sign Manny or Tex, who’s your next choice?~~

Nobody. I’d go with what they have and see where it goes at this point. I’m not big on Dunn and some of the others out there.

December 23rd, 2008 | 9:34 am

———
      Really? You wouldn’t at least take a flyer on Giambi or Abreu? Or try to sign someone on the cheap? While I will admit that it’s still early, I am a bit surprised by the inactivity in the market. It will be interesting to see who’s where once Feb rolls around.