• Happy Holidays!

Posted by on December 24th, 2008 · Comments (11)

Barring any breaking and hot Yankees-related news, I do not expect to be posting many entries to WasWatching.com over the next four days. Therefore, I wanted to take this time now to wish all the readers of this blog a safe and happy holiday season. It’s been 44 months now that WasWatching.com has been up and running, and, I’ve truly enjoyed all the feedback to this site and its content that you have provided this year and last. Thanks for that wonderful present! I hope you all have as much fun (as I’ve had here so far) during your holiday observance.

Look for more stuff here starting next week!

Comments on Happy Holidays!

December 24th, 2008 | 8:22 am

Same to you and your family, Steve!

2. MJ
      December 24th, 2008 | 10:31 am

Happy holidays to you and your family Steve and to everyone out there in WW.com land!

Sniff, I miss Baileywalk…

3. Corey
      December 24th, 2008 | 11:01 am

Sniff, I miss Baileywalk…

=====
      ya know, i’d say it was about last week was when i realized i hadn’t seen any posts by that handle in a long time.

in any case,

merry christmas to all

4. MJ
      December 24th, 2008 | 11:07 am

———–
      He dropped off about a third of the way into the season, I think. He would get really angry and snippy with his comments but I agreed with him 97.5% of the time.

Now Raf’s my go-to guy.

5. December 24th, 2008 | 11:32 am

Thanks for the holiday wishes all!

baileywalk? He posts comments at the Newsday baseball blogs all the time. So, he’s still out there – just not here. Dunno why?

December 24th, 2008 | 11:39 am

Dunno why?
      ————
      Because you hate Phil Hughes? ;)

lol :D

I thought it was funny how he would get like really bent out of shape over things, but I thought he was a cool guy overall…

Last time I saw him here, I think he was sparring with butchie about something.

7. Corey
      December 24th, 2008 | 11:53 am

Now Raf’s my go-to guy.
      =====
      awww a bromance! :P

8. December 24th, 2008 | 12:17 pm

a very Happy Holidays and a safe New Year to all.

9. Corey
      December 26th, 2008 | 1:16 pm

if anyone is bored at home, put on SNY they have the opening day 2000 mets vs. cubs. Girardi is behind the plate and farnsworth is starting the game…its interesting to hear the commentary lol

10. butchie22
      December 26th, 2008 | 3:11 pm

Last time I saw him here, I think he was sparring with butchie about something. Quote from Raf

Who isn’t sparring with Butch over something? HAHAHAHAHAH! Bailey and I didn’t see eye to eye, but that makes life interesting. Look, there is no ill will over some of these comments but Bailey never crossed the line like one other did recently and that other one came out looking like a chump. It’s a lot of fun to go back and forth and argue the merits of the Yankees and the various other things tangential to them and their Empire. Raf and I usually disagree on things, but did me a solid one recently…it’s funny how far apart we seem on some things but close on others.

The ultimate Butch proverb is to agree to disagree, especially on Cash Man (an idiot) , projections(usually rubbish especially on Hughes) and the dreaded Red Pox (who have a great GM , team and the most wretchedly obnoxious fans). The give and take of this board is very special. I love the posts about the movies quite a bit and the Prison Break ones are always a treat.

I’m half Australian and because of that I celebrate Boxing Day ( an excuse to not work today like the hardly working half-Aussie I am), which is today. It was an excuse by fat and lazy British people to eat tons of food on X-Mas and then sleep and then eat the leftovers again the next day. However, it was too bad that they didn’t have the “seafood dinner blast” that Italians celebrate on X-Mas eve, because it would be worth eating food the next three days! British cuisine is at worst an oxymoron and at best barely passable compared to that wonderful food that French eat for X-mas day and Italians eat for X-Mas.

The baseball blogs at Newsday? I like Neil Best , much better than Raismann but barely read that blog, cause I like this one and MLB trade rumors so bloody much.

In short, I hope that everyone had a Merry X-Mas, will have a great new year and have the best new year they have ever will have. What would make that great? Championship Number 27 in the Bronx……Nuff Said!

December 26th, 2008 | 5:18 pm

Look, there is no ill will over some of these comments
      ————
      Agreed :D

Admittedly, sometimes it’s hard to tell, given the method of communication, but I am usually pretty flip in day to day conversation. If I offend, trust me, I didn’t mean to.