• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 2/23/09

Posted by on February 23rd, 2009 · Comments (9)

Feel free to use this post as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related (or within reach of tagging the bag of being Yankees-related on a decent slide) today. It could be a casual conversation offering, or, something you saw in the news, or something very detailed that you want to share that’s within the territory of Yankeeland.

Or, comment on something that someone else has posted here in the comments…

Have fun. Play nice. And, remember, keep it Yankees-focused.

P.S. – if you want to discuss the Academy Awards results, as a special treat, here – that’s O.K., today, too.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 2/23/09

1. Tresh Fan
      February 23rd, 2009 | 9:57 am

What’s the word on Jeter’s hamstring? How serious?

2. Corey
      February 23rd, 2009 | 9:59 am

What’s the word on Jeter’s hamstring? How serious?
      ——-
      what happened? i missed it

lets get this cooler talk going, i just got layed off this am I need something to distract myself with

3. clintfsu813
      February 23rd, 2009 | 10:13 am

Hamstring not serious per MLB.com. And if you guys havent seen Slumdog yet..you’re missin out!

4. Tresh Fan
      February 23rd, 2009 | 10:31 am

Well, that’s good about Jeter, then.

BTW did you catch Jackman’s comment on Meryl Streep’s record 15th Oscar nomination?

“When I see numbers like that, I gotta think steroids!”

February 23rd, 2009 | 10:34 am

——–
      Wow, sorry to hear that. Best of luck getting back on your feet.

6. February 23rd, 2009 | 10:43 am

Corey – I’m also sorry to hear your news. That happened to me last May – and I was out until the end of October. It was not a fun six months. Hang in there. Keep plugging away. It will be a full-time job to find a job. Don’t take any time off. Just keep banging on doors until one opens up for you. My fingers are crossed for you.

7. Corey
      February 23rd, 2009 | 11:13 am

thanks guys, i appreciate it :) hopefully I can find someone willing to give a young programmer/software developer/software engineer with only 1 yr exp a job soon…(crosses fingers)

also, ill be getting to the e-mails tonight about the fantasy baseball league on yahoo, if you’re interesting e-mail me @ bronxbomber2k7@gmail.com ill be getting to that tonight

8. MJ
      February 23rd, 2009 | 11:15 am

Corey, I’m sorry to hear that. That stinks. To be honest, we’ve been told to expect cuts here at my place and I’m definitely more than a touch worried. Hang in there bud.

9. February 23rd, 2009 | 1:56 pm

=============

As a fellow member of the unemployed, I share your pain, Corey. Good luck.