• Commemorative Patch On Yanks Caps This Year

Posted by on February 26th, 2009 · Comments (13)

Have you seen the caps that the Yankees will be wearing this year? Tyler Kepner thinks it’s overkill. Me thinks I agree.

If the Yankees manage to make it to the post-season this year, between this commemorative patch and the patch that they add to the caps for each round of the post-season, it will look like the players have the intersection of Chuo-dori and Harumi-dori in Ginza on their heads.

Comments on Commemorative Patch On Yanks Caps This Year

February 27th, 2009 | 1:15 am

I agree too…

Also, Teix looks kinda dorky in that photo.

2. MJ
      February 27th, 2009 | 8:49 am

Definitely overkill. Now that the Yanks have broken down the Berlin Wall of ballcap patches, it’s going to be a steady stream of this…

And, yes, Tex looks somewhat dorky in that picture.

3. YankCrank
      February 27th, 2009 | 8:55 am

4. YankCrank
      February 27th, 2009 | 8:57 am

I see it as overkill, but it’s not out of the ordinary. The Sox have a whole new cap, new road jerseys and such. They’re going on a merchandising tear this year, so why not one extra patch for the Yanks? I’ll still buy the cap.

5. MJ
      February 27th, 2009 | 9:08 am

The Sox have a whole new cap, new road jerseys and such.
      ———
      Really? I didn’t know that. What do they look like?

I know the O’s have new road uniforms and caps too.

6. YankCrank
      February 27th, 2009 | 9:09 am

Really? I didn’t know that. What do they look like?
      ———-

gross

7. YankCrank
      February 27th, 2009 | 9:11 am

Compared to those Red Sox jersey and cap changes, this patch added to the cap is pretty mild. It’s not that bad, i’ll def get one.

8. MJ
      February 27th, 2009 | 9:16 am

Wow, those new Red Sox uni’s are wannabe retro. The Red Sox are such an old and famous franchise that they shouldn’t have to try so hard to evoke a throwback feel. Cheesy is all I can say.

9. butchie22
      February 27th, 2009 | 10:06 am

The Red Sox have so many jerseys and caps now, they are starting to rival the Mets in that department. The old Red Sox jerseys had that ugly Block letter “Boston” instead of this pseudo retro thingie. I think it’s tacky….

Speaking of which, the Yankees’ new patch on the back of the hat. Thumbs down! What next a Bank of America patch on the hat next year in lieu of that deal they had with B of A for the hundreds of millions of dollars of naming rights inside the stadium they had set up? I like to see the one hat, the two home and away uniforms and no patches. Anything beyond that makes a team lurch toward the gazillion hats and jerseys los Mets use……

February 27th, 2009 | 10:31 am

I see it as overkill, but it’s not out of the ordinary.
      ————-
      True. Not a big fan of patches, unless they’re on a uniform sleeve. But I understand it’s about marketing and there is a demand for it. If I don’t buy it, someone else will.

11. Tcarda4
      February 27th, 2009 | 11:14 am

i dont like ti either but its better that its on the back of the hat than on the side i think. that would look even worse. save that spot for the world series spot as was previously mentioned haha

12. February 27th, 2009 | 11:52 am

~~Yanks don’t add a patch for every round of the playoffs. They only add one for the World Series~~

I know, but, even with just two patches, it’s going to be ugly.

13. YankCrank
      February 27th, 2009 | 1:15 pm

I know, but, even with just two patches, it’s going to be ugly.
      —–

Yankees hats are never ugly if they have a World Series patch on it!!