• A-Rod Reaction To Report On Roberts Book: “I’m Not Going There”

Posted by on April 30th, 2009 · Comments (8)

Via Nick Cafardo

Alex Rodriguez said “I’m not going there” when asked about excerpts of a new book by Selena Roberts which appeared in the New York Daily News today which reveals that the Yankee slugger may have taken steroids as far back as high school and that he was taking human growth hormone while with the Yankees.

“I’m not going there,” said Rodriguez, wearing a blue T-shirt and blue warm up pants as he left the Yankees’ minor league complex early this afternoon. “I’m so happy about being back on the field and playing baseball. My team has won two games up there. Hopefully I can come back and help them win more.”

“I’m not going there” [Rodriquez said] when asked about the high school use and when asked whether he’d been truthful with the media when admitting his steroid use during a spring training press conference, he ended the press conference and said again, “I’m.not going there.”

Asked if he were tired of the steroid talk, he said, “Ahhh, ya,”

Rodriguez faced live pitching for the first time yesterday and went 1 for 6 with two walks. His only hit was a home run against extended spring training A-ball pitchers.

“I think I’m in a good place,” he said. “I think I’m feeling better physically. I’ve had a great week here. I’ve worked extremely hard and I’m very anxious to do what God put me on this Earth to do and that’s play baseball.”

Of course Alex won’t “go there.” After all, the Yankees took his driver, Yuri Sucart, away from him…just kidding.

Seriously, at some point, A-Rod is going to have to address this book, right? Or, can he “No comment!” it forever?

Comments on A-Rod Reaction To Report On Roberts Book: “I’m Not Going There”

1. yagottagotomo1
      April 30th, 2009 | 2:56 pm

I think it depends. If all she has is what was reported this morning, and that was the absolute best stuff that can be culled from the book, then I think he has no reason to address the steroid stuff, being that there is no new evidence, just hearsay and speculation. he already addressed that the first time around by stating that he only took while in Texas. I think he should talk about the tipping of pitches.

2. April 30th, 2009 | 3:03 pm

If the sourcing of the rest of the book is as thin as the article makes it sound (seen with, thought, suspected, etc..) then he absolutely can ignore it.

He’s said what he’s said and would be wise to keep his public comments to what happens between the lines from here on out.

April 30th, 2009 | 3:26 pm

Alex Rodriguez said “I’m not going there”
      ————-

:D

4. butchie22
      April 30th, 2009 | 4:33 pm

He has to address it , he can’t avoid it as much as the team would want him to or the fans. he can’t no comment it forever and will have to address it head on. Hopefully, it will not effect the team that much.

5. Total Blam
      April 30th, 2009 | 5:08 pm

Blam’s Reaction to Was Watching Blog Immediately Getting Back to Excessive and Repetitive A-Rod Bashing at the First Opportunity in Weeks: “I’m not going there.”

Look. Anybody who’s ever even glanced at this blog knows you think A-Rod is the ruination of the Yankees. We get it. You hate him. Enough. I’m almost at the point of removing you from my Google Reader.

Hey, did anybody notice there’s a game tonight against the Angels? Cool!

6. Evan3457
      April 30th, 2009 | 6:58 pm

I may have said this before, but I think the very best thing that A-Rod can do is to say absolutely nothing to anyone ever about any of this.

There’s no reason to talk about any of this. No reason at all.
      =====================================
      Call me crazy, but I think if the Yankees’ starters pitch decently this weekend, they’re going to take 3 out of 4 from the Angels, possibly all 4. Why? The Angels have never been so totally depleted going into a Yankees’ series.

No Guerrero. Anderson has gone to Atlanta. Cabrera is in Oakland. No Lackey. No Escobar. No Ervin Santana. No K-Rod to shut the door. Some of those losses are due to injury, and some of them are self-inflicted by the Angels. But that’s 3 big lineup hitters, 3 starting pitchers and a closer gone, all of whom were Yankee killers.

What Yankee killers do they have left? Figgins, Kendrick, and Saunders, I think. Weaver’s 3-1 vs. the Yanks, but with a 6.14 ERA. Torii Hunter’s a good player but .740 SLG? Really? Abreu’s still a good hitter, and he’ll be extra motivated for this, as he probably blames the Yanks for crashing his market value by not negotiating seriously with them. Kendry Morales? I’ll believe it when I see it for more than a couple of weeks. They’ve got two raw rookies, neither of them top prospects going in this series.

It’s possible the Angels can hit a ton of HR in the launching pad, but so can the Yanks. I know I’m tempting karma here, but the Yanks have never had an opportunity this good to hurt their nemesis. They won’t get another chance like this again, maybe ever.

They better take advantage.

7. OldYanksFan
      April 30th, 2009 | 10:16 pm

If ARod never said another word to the press, it would be the best thing to happen in his career.

8. thenewguy
      April 30th, 2009 | 11:44 pm

———

I agree, if he knows what’s best for him, he’ll say “No comment” until he is red in the face (and then keep saying it.)