Wow. Did Gary Apple really call A-Rod a “maniacal serial liar”? Yes, I believe that he did…
However, on the other side, Apple did also press Roberts on the Duke issue…
Steve, a few points about what she said. I’ve read and reviewed the book. I would put up a link, but I’m afraid somebody might accuse me of self-promotion!
* “more an explanation than an excorciation” – I dunno. When you call somebody a “slumlord” and compare him to the sociopathic Talented Mr. Ripley and Mr. Potter of “It’s a Wonderful Life,” I think it’s an excorciation, but maybe that’s me.
* A-Rod is a “creature of embellishment” – very true. Which is why it doesn’t make any sense for Roberts that her top point to “prove” that A-Rod used steroids in high school is that Alex once said he went from bench-pressing 100 pounds to 300 pounds.
* Still waiting for somebody to ask her why she didn’t ask Buck Showalter or anybody of her on-the-record sources about the pitch-tipping accusation.
* Her faux-sympathetic tone about A-Rod’s childhood in the interview is not what is written in the book.
* And her Duke lacrosse explanation is nonsense, and does not reflect her original columns. Give credit to Apple, though, for asking her about it in the first place.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
· Copyright ©
2005-2017 In Perpetuity by WasWatching.com