• May 14th @ The Blue Jays

Posted by on May 14th, 2009 · Comments (8)

Missed most of this one. Got home just in time to see the bottom of the ninth and the post-game. (Went to the movies tonight – will have a post on that later.)

I’m really starting to dig Frankie Cervelli at the end of a win. He shows some good emotion during the post-game high-fives. (And, he’s a fun interview with Kim Jones too.) By the way, is it just me, or, does Cervelli remind you of Goran Visnjic?

I just have a feeling that the kid will go on to have a nice major league career – one like Rick Dempsey, at the worst.

Sabathia was like an ace tonight – with a solid eight. Nice for CC to bookend this road trip with wins. That’s what you want from your big man.

Yanks now 17-17. Jeter is back. Matsui too. Mo’s looking better…

Here’s a question: If, at the end of this month, the Yankees are 26-24, would you be happy with that? Or, would that be considered a failure, at the first-third mark of the season?

Comments on May 14th @ The Blue Jays

1. handtius
      May 14th, 2009 | 11:31 pm

I think it’s relative. If they are in first or within three or so games, I’m happy. If they’re ten games out, not so much, but I’m not giving up. It ain’t ova till Octoba.

2. clintfsu813
      May 15th, 2009 | 8:07 am

Co-players of the game: Gardner and Cervelli. Lets hope those 2 youngsters are throwing people out for years to come.

3. YankCrank
      May 15th, 2009 | 9:10 am

——

If somebody told me in the first 1/3 of the season we’d lose Nady and have to battle through injuries to Jeter, A-Rod, Posada, Bruney and Marte—all while Tex and Rivera battling through inefficiency and Wang just turning into Matt Desalvo, I would have guessed 16-34 and in last place. If we’re 26-24, I will be very happy. Would I like us to be 36-14? Hell yeah, but let’s be realistic.

4. clintfsu813
      May 15th, 2009 | 10:27 am

I agree Crank. If we can get these people healthy and stay that way..I like our chances. Unfortunately thats a big IF.

May 15th, 2009 | 10:29 am

I’ll be happy when they can get through the rotation a couple of times without blowing up.

Everything else will fall into place.

6. Corey
      May 15th, 2009 | 10:30 am

=======
      starting tomorrow! lol

7. Sicilian Lou
      May 15th, 2009 | 10:38 am

Corey wrote:

=======
      starting tomorrow! lol

Not asking much myself.. But I would like to see this team healthy for one month!!… But yeah.. anytime your above 500 with this many injuries you have to be glad… Just wish this episode of MASH never shows a repeat during the year..

8. Pat F
      May 15th, 2009 | 10:56 am

Raf wrote:

Everything else will fall into place.

agree 100%. thought these last two were the biggest games of the season, and big we got them both. if you were to say two things about this team, you’d say they are inconsistent (17-17), but they also have a little fight (back to back road series wins after getting swept by boston and tampa…to say nothing of all the late inning comebacks, seems like we’ve had more this year already than all of last year). i’d like a few uninterrupted turns through the rotation without any complete giveaways. and see where we are. come on hughesie.