• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 5/25/09

Posted by on May 25th, 2009 · Comments (8)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 5/25/09

1. clintfsu813
      May 25th, 2009 | 9:12 am

Sorry to be positive here..but dont look now, The Yanks are winning without making errors. Solid defence? Who are these guys?

2. May 25th, 2009 | 9:59 am

Sorry to be a voice of reason here…but, since when are errors-charged the true measure of fielding ability? You cannot be charged with an error on a ball you never touch because your lack of range prevents you from reaching it…

Now, I’m NOT saying that the Yankees fielding is bad this year. I’m JUST saying that we should not be using “errors” as our yardstick to say they are good…

3. clintfsu813
      May 25th, 2009 | 10:28 am

My point was just to show an improvement. Its been shown that when we dont make an error we usually win. Keep it up guys!

4. Tresh Fan
      May 25th, 2009 | 11:02 am

Spent much of this weekend attending a wedding in Chicago. You think were worried about the Yanks? You should hear Cubs fans! Anywho, I was happy to see the Mets take two from the Bosox—and how priceless was that clip of Papelbon running out of the dugout to bitch over that force at 2B? All in all, the Yanks didn’t fare TOO badly…just badly enough.

5. ken
      May 25th, 2009 | 11:34 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Clint: are you British or bad speller? (defence)

Anyway, I agree with you. Nice to see good plays in the field. Even when he wasn’t hitting, Tex saved runs which is really as good as RBIs. And I don’t mind Gardner’s play yesterday. It wasn’t stupid, just a chance that didn’t work out.

6. ken
      May 25th, 2009 | 12:43 pm

Today on Pete Abe’s blog:
      “UPDATE, 11:25 a.m.: Brian Bruney is going on the DL. They’ll get a pitcher here for tomorrow. ”

Seems like it’s time to move on from this guy. At the least, can’t count on him coming back. We can’t keep putting garbage like Veras, Tomko and Marte out there. Some of the others may be OK at times. I’d like to see more of Coke and Melanson.

7. g1ph7
      May 25th, 2009 | 4:39 pm

Let’s see how the rest of Bruney’s season turns out.

8. yagottagotomo1
      May 25th, 2009 | 11:18 pm

Steve, I would like to speak to you privately. Is there a way I can email you or you can email me?