• June 2009 Survey Question #4

Posted by on June 23rd, 2009 · Comments (7)

A comment left on this blog today by “Corey” has inspired this poll. As Yankees fans, do we need to admit that Lou Di Falco’s prediction back in February 2007 was correct? Or, does CitiField take a backseat to the new Yankee Stadium? Shoot, even if you’re not a Yankees fan, now that we’ve seen both new ballparks for a few months, which do you think is the better building?

Related, please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:64}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section below!

Comments on June 2009 Survey Question #4

1. MJ
      June 23rd, 2009 | 10:25 am

It’s a tough call. Here’s my breakdown:

Citi Field > Yankee:
      -Food
      -Comfort of seats
      -Pricing
      -Hallways (interior) look better
      -The area behind CF is amazing with the use of space, attractions, etc.

Yankee > Citi Field:
      -As historically important as Jackie Robinson was, I still liked the Great Hall better than the JR Rotunda
      -Ingress/egress from subway
      -Big screen in CF
      -From my seats, it still “looks” like Yankee stadium whereas Citi is totally non-descript.

I give a slight edge to Citi, I gotta say.

2. June 23rd, 2009 | 10:30 am

Yankee > Citi Field
      just because you get to watch the Yankees there and you don’t have to watch the Mets (sans three games a year) ;-)

3. Corey
      June 23rd, 2009 | 1:24 pm

MJ wrote:

It’s a tough call. Here’s my breakdown:
      Citi Field > Yankee:
      -Food
      -Comfort of seats
      -Pricing
      -Hallways (interior) look better
      -The area behind CF is amazing with the use of space, attractions, etc.
      Yankee > Citi Field:
      -Ingress/egress from subway
      -Big screen in CF
      I give a slight edge to Citi, I gotta say.

I agree the great hall is much better then the JR rotunda…here’s my breakdown

Old Yankee Stadium > Citi Field > new Yankee Stadium > Shea

4. Corey
      June 23rd, 2009 | 1:28 pm

have you been to Citi yet Steve?

5. June 23rd, 2009 | 2:12 pm

Corey wrote:

have you been to Citi yet Steve?

No – not yet.
      Actually, I only see myself going there if the tickets are REALLY GOOD and FREE, and/or, if I’m forced into it for some work function.

I have ZERO interest in going to see the Mets play – esp. while being surrounded by 30,000+ Mets fans. I do have a curiosity about seeing the park – as a baseball fan. But, I’d rather see if without the Mets. ;-)

Bottom line, if I have enough money to spend on a major league baseball game, I’m going to the Bronx.

For the record, outside of going to see the Yankee play there in 1974 and 1975, I only went to Shea like three times in my life. Once was with a very good friend – and I went as a favor. And, the other two times were work functions where they rented out the picnic area and the bleachers – and just about everyone from my (then) employer went.

6. Corey
      June 23rd, 2009 | 2:19 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Corey wrote:
      have you been to Citi yet Steve?
      No – not yet.

I hear ya on the money factor, especially with you having a family and all it makes it more difficult. I highly recommend it though, not to go see the mets, but as a baseball fan to take in one of the nicest ballparks around. The only reason I went, to be honest, was one of the dudes in my bowling league had season tickets and were sellin ‘em off at face value. So i figured, why not? Plus the lady is a met fan. I’ve been to Shea a handful of times (including the rockies first game, and a double header last year), and the Citi Field experience is nothing like it. In fact, if there ever could be an opposite to shea, Citi Field would be a candidate.

7. June 23rd, 2009 | 2:31 pm

Red is a Mets fan? Dude, she’s gotta go. J/K! ;-)
      Just make sure the kids are raised proper and follow the “right” team.