• Calling Littlechap

Posted by on June 24th, 2009 · Comments (7)

The Palm Beach Post blog Fish Tank recently shared a video of a Yankees fan fighting with a Marlins fan – at the game of June 21st. (H/T to BBTF.) It’s sickening – at so many levels – especially because of the little girl, screaming, crying, and asking the Yankees fan “Why are you fighting?” Man, it just breaks my heart that some small kid is going to have this moment as one of their lasting ballpark memories. Shame on all those involved in this one.

Comments on Calling Littlechap

1. YankCrank
      June 24th, 2009 | 8:47 am

Poor girl. I never understood how baseball could get to this level for some people. As Yankee fans, we need to understand that every fan who isn’t a Yankee fan, HATES the Yankees…and there will be a lot of people trying to talk shit and bring down the Yankees. It’s obviously frustrating, but man…I just don’t get the fights.

Then we hear the stories of Yankee and Red Sox fans actually killing each other over baseball-fueled arguments…and that’s an even larger issue.

2. Corey
      June 24th, 2009 | 9:28 am

side note: that flying punch off the rail was pretty cool

3. MJ
      June 24th, 2009 | 10:03 am

Wow, that was a crazy fight. Poor kid was going nuts…and it was on Father’s Day!

Separately, Marlins games must draw so poorly that they don’t station security/cops out in the OF. The response time was pretty pathetic for such a large brawl with that much screaming and noise. South Florida cops must’ve been drinking rum somewhere during that one…

4. G.I. Joey
      June 24th, 2009 | 2:52 pm

Has anyone seen any Yankee fan on Yankee fan fights this year? This is a phenomenon I will NEVER understand. I had some guy try to beat the shit out of me on the D train after a game b/c he overheard me criticizing the team to a friend of mine. INSANE.

5. gs
      June 24th, 2009 | 3:40 pm

“As Yankee fans, we need to understand that every fan who isn’t a Yankee fan, HATES the Yankees…and there will be a lot of people trying to talk shit and bring down the Yankees.”

Wow, you’re actually blaming fighting involving yankees on this? You need to take your homer blinders off. Every team has fans willing to fight at the drop of a hat, the yankees are no different.

June 24th, 2009 | 3:46 pm

gs wrote:

Be that as it may, I would say the Yanks are probably targeted more for vitriol than, say, the Rockies or Jays.

7. Corey
      June 24th, 2009 | 3:55 pm

Raf wrote:

gs wrote:

lol tell that to drunk jays fan