• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/25/09

Posted by on June 25th, 2009 · Comments (9)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/25/09

1. Tresh Fan
      June 25th, 2009 | 9:39 am

Here’s a thought: How cool would it be for Rivera to notch his 500th Career Save at Citi Field versus the Mets? I’d like that. It would really christen the new park, don’t you think?

2. June 25th, 2009 | 10:41 am

Tresh Fan wrote:

If it happens, let’s hope the classy thing happens – meaning the Mets post it on the scoreboard and that EVERYONE in the park gives him a standing O.

3. YankCrank
      June 25th, 2009 | 11:05 am

—–

Mets? Classy?

4. MJ
      June 25th, 2009 | 12:25 pm

—–
      Mets? Classy?
      =======================
      I guarantee that if Mo notches #500 at Citi Field, you’ll get a “Yankees Suck!” chant going. Mets fans are pathetic, wannabe Red Sox fans.

5. thenewguy
      June 25th, 2009 | 7:08 pm

——–

That’s what bothers me so much about Mets fans. I was reminded by Steve and Corey’s exchange about Citi Field in which Steve basically said he despised nearly everything about the Mets and does not plan on paying to go to Citi Field. For me personally, I like the Mets team. I enjoy watching them or listening to the Fan when they are playing (of course, only when the Yankees aren’t playing.)

That said, I absolutely, positively despise Mets fans. They get all high and mighty when their team is doing better than the Yankees for 2 weeks. They complain (like Red Sox fans) about the money we spend on our players. I don’t get it. There is no rivalry. There aren’t as serious racial or class divides as there once was. Yet, for some reason, Mets fans are complete a-holes when discussing the Yanks. They want to see the Yanks fail and fail miserably. I wouldn’t mind the Mets winning a WS if the Yankees weren’t involved, except that I couldn’t bear to listen to their fans touting their team as the best in NY until the Yanks win another series.

Rant over.

6. Corey
      June 25th, 2009 | 7:12 pm

@ thenewguy:
      i am the same way completely. In fact, when the Yankees first put most of their games on MSG, I didn’t have cable in my house.With no baseball influence whatsoever in my life, and as a consequence of not having cable, I ended up watching a ton of met games growing up until I got cable many years later.

7. Corey
      June 25th, 2009 | 7:12 pm

on MSG should be to MSG.

8. sanair
      June 25th, 2009 | 8:55 pm

I don’t know what the future holds for Yankee catching what with all the kids in the minors, but I feel pretty good seeing this team go to battle with Cervelli as the back-up. Now if we could only settle the pesky utility infielder and relief pitching issues…

June 26th, 2009 | 7:10 am

sanair wrote:

The answers are there, they need to be deployed properly. Ransom & Peña can handle UI duties and the pen guys there can do the job.