• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/26/09

Posted by on June 26th, 2009 · Comments (11)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/26/09

1. OnceIWasAYankeeFan
      June 26th, 2009 | 10:05 am

Smoltz made his return – not a great one, but not an out-and-out stinker of a return (which, if you look at his history, was the pattern before). So:

Are you concerned, not concerned, sort of concerned, or have too many Yankee concerns to be concerned? ;)

June 26th, 2009 | 10:08 am

OnceIWasAYankeeFan wrote:

I’ll have to give him a few more starts.

I thought the Yanks should’ve gone after him.

3. Corey
      June 26th, 2009 | 10:11 am

@ OnceIWasAYankeeFan:
      we can’t possibly lose to the red sox at a better rate then we are now, so no…i’m not concerned

4. MJ
      June 26th, 2009 | 10:45 am

Smoltz was a smart signing because he was cheap and low-risk. That being said, he’s 42 years old and pitching in the AL for the first time. No, I’m not worried. I’d be shocked if he pitches a full workload the rest of the way.

5. YankCrank
      June 26th, 2009 | 11:13 am

——

Only one start, give him a couple more starts and we can evaluate him.

At this point, i’ve stopped looking at how the Red Sox do and more on how the Jays are doing. Division would be nice, but until they make it harder for wild card teams to win a playoff series, winning the wild card and getting in the playoffs is good enough for me. I know some Yankee fans would disagree, but the Sox really have it right. Their team goal is to find a way into the playoffs, and then anything can happen. It’s very realistic.

6. June 26th, 2009 | 11:57 am

Chase Wright is holding his own, so far, in the PCL:

Good for him.

7. MJ
      June 26th, 2009 | 3:15 pm

Happy 35th to Derek Jeter. I hope he has a nice birthday against the Mets tonight.

8. June 26th, 2009 | 3:24 pm

Given the Mets injuries, and the starting pitching match-ups, is it a failure for the Yankees if they don’t take at least 2 of 3 from the Mets this weekend?

9. Corey
      June 26th, 2009 | 3:38 pm

when it comes to the mets, me and the boss have similar thoughts. Even a loss to the mets in ST is a failure.

10. MJ
      June 26th, 2009 | 4:02 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Yeah, probably. I mean, the Mets lineup is a joke at this point and we should be able to hit Redding and Livan. The question is whether or not CC is healthy tonight. Since I have no confidence in Wang at all, CC needs to win this and then hope that AJ pitches well tomorrow. If not, it’s either losing 2/3 or getting swept.

11. thenewguy
      June 26th, 2009 | 4:08 pm

As per my post yesterday (or two days ago), I will actually be going to Citi Field for the first time tomorrow to see the game. Front row behind the Mets dugout, and free for me. Unfortunately a Mets fan is taking me, but the only other time I’ve been to Mets-Yankees was at Shea when Wagner blew a 4 run 9th inning lead. Hopefully the Yanks will make it easier on themselves this time around.