• June 28th @ The Mets

Posted by on June 29th, 2009 · Comments (6)

You can watch baseball for the next 100 years, and, I’ll bet that you’ll never see a player get career RBI #1 and career save #500 in the same game, again. Wow.

I think the Yankees may have gotten away with one here – as their offensive attack in this one left a little to be desired. Basically, they were no-shows for the seven innings between the first and the ninth. But, a win is a win – and any win against the Mets is a good one.

Back to Mo, how can you not be happy for this guy right now? He, along with the rest of the Yankees, should have a fun off-day on Monday. They deserve it.

Lastly, was it just me, or, was A-Rod extra animated in this one? What’s up with that?

Comments on June 28th @ The Mets

1. Tresh Fan
      June 29th, 2009 | 12:24 am

Great game overall; but still poor RISP hitting (see “Robinson Cano”). BTW, did anyone but me notice that this was Wang’s 1st win of the season?

2. June 29th, 2009 | 12:29 am

First time Wanger got an out in the 6th inning, this season, too – in his 8 starts this year.

3. June 29th, 2009 | 12:32 am

Cano had 9 LOB in this game. That’s pretty hard to do. ;-)

4. Tresh Fan
      June 29th, 2009 | 12:47 am

Amazingly, the Yankees finished IL play with a 10-8 record—it’s true, I checked it twice. The Bosox were 11-7 by comparison, so overall not a bad job.

5. BOHAN
      June 29th, 2009 | 2:48 am

cano hit the ball hard with men on 3 out of 4 times cant ask for much more… he just happened to hit the ball at someone thats all… it happens thats baseball

6. MJ
      June 29th, 2009 | 9:16 am

Wang and Cano were infuriating last night. Thrilled with the win and the sweep, even if the game wasn’t exactly well played by the Yanks.

The best part was getting Mo his 500th save. I don’t care if Trevor Hoffman never retires and ends up with 1,500 saves. I know who the best closer is and I’m happy he’s been on our side for all this time.