• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/29/09

Posted by on June 29th, 2009 · Comments (7)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 6/29/09

1. Corey
      June 29th, 2009 | 9:27 am

the thing that jumped out at me this weekend? A-rod’s been playing some sick D

2. clintfsu813
      June 29th, 2009 | 10:24 am

The D has been very good overall. Arod, Jeter, Pena, Tex. I saw Swish make a catch at Turner Wednesday night that saved a couple of runs. Very impressive guys.

3. Corey
      June 29th, 2009 | 12:47 pm

could always get worse

if they put zambrano on waivers, whatdya guys think? a little change of scenery? Sure they say this guy is a nightmare but if u got a chance to add one of the better pitchers around for close to nothing, might as well at least think about it no?

4. MJ
      June 29th, 2009 | 2:31 pm

$62.6M through 2012 for this guy? The only way I do it is if the Cubs take Kei Igawa back. Even then, I’m not sure how I feel about it. Z is such a headcase, it’s not even funny.

5. Corey
      June 29th, 2009 | 2:38 pm

@ MJ:
      the article is suggesting a bag of balls, and for that i’d do it cause this guy has some nasty stuff. I’m just sayin u have to at least consider it (plus trying to get some sort of convo goin cause its slow 2day). Plus other players, with less talent, have played here who people have called headcases and have been just fine.

6. G.I. Joey
      June 29th, 2009 | 4:04 pm

I’ve always found Zambrano amusing, but I’m not sure so sure I’d find his antics so amusing if he were in pinstripes. As Corey pointed out, we’ve def. had some crazies roll through here who chilled out once they were on our team so it’s probably a coin toss as to whether he could be effective here. It’s an interesting thought.

7. MJ
      June 29th, 2009 | 4:48 pm

Corey wrote:

@ MJ:

Hey, no argument, he’s obviously got talent. I would never rule him out just because he’s a headcase but it’s just an awful lot of money to bail Chicago out on. They’d have to pay some of his freight for me to sign on.