• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/27/09

Posted by on July 27th, 2009 · Comments (12)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/27/09

1. Corey
      July 27th, 2009 | 9:21 am

sat in the same section yesterday as freddy (freddy sez freddy) which was cool

2. MJ
      July 27th, 2009 | 10:38 am

@ Corey:
      I grew up across the street from Freddy on the Upper West Side in NYC. He’s really a nice guy and always chats with me when I say hi. Of course, he meets so many people that he’s got no clue who I am.

3. July 27th, 2009 | 1:16 pm

So, any predictions on the Tampa series? Who’s going to win it? Will they sweep?

4. clintfsu813
      July 27th, 2009 | 1:35 pm

I think we take 2 out of 3. Kazmir is down and we’ve hit Shields pretty well

5. MJ
      July 27th, 2009 | 2:20 pm

I have no idea if the Yanks will win 1 or 2 out of three. Posada’s inability to throw out baserunners will cost us in this series, however…

6. Pat F
      July 27th, 2009 | 6:00 pm

would be fine with anything but getting swept. feeding off mj, would really consider playing molina 1-2 times to try to control the running game, DHing posada. lefty kazmir seems like a perfect time to do it at least once. i think controlling their running game is close to if not as important as posada’s superior bat (which is sizzling lately, which is why it is also tough to sit him).

7. ken
      July 27th, 2009 | 6:46 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      I agree with clint. Yanks take 2 of 3. Rays’ pitching (starting and relief) is not up to last year’s standard. And Yanks need to make a statement after the embarrassment (and that is not too strong a word) of the recent Angels series and the 0-fer against BOS this year.

8. Scout
      July 27th, 2009 | 7:02 pm

Latest trade rumor has Yanks close to a deal for Bronson Arroyo. I hope that isn’t true. I get it that Cashman hates dealing prospects for talent when he can just pay money for free agents. But this team is fighting for the play-offs and he has to come up with something better than this. Mitre and Arroyo at the back end of the rotation will blow up the bull pen.

9. antone
      July 27th, 2009 | 7:28 pm

Scout wrote:

Ugh…I just read this too and I hope it’s not true. Arroyo has gotten worse every year with the Reds and his BB/SO is the lowest it’s been since he became a starter. He’d probably be equivalent to Sidney Ponson in the AL. There’s got to be someone better than him.

10. antone
      July 27th, 2009 | 7:29 pm

whoops I meant his SO/BB ratio…

11. MJ
      July 27th, 2009 | 9:21 pm

Bronson Arroyo? The piece of garbage that can’t get NL batters out? Why would Cashman do that? The only reason I don’t hate that 2004 asshead anymore is because he sucks too much to care about. Please let this not be true.

12. Scout
      July 27th, 2009 | 9:38 pm

Yankees are denying the reports. We’ll see…lots of silly nonsense flies around the Internet at this time of year.