• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/28/09

Posted by on July 28th, 2009 · Comments (15)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/28/09

1. MJ
      July 28th, 2009 | 12:49 pm

So, Steve-a-rino, when do we find out what “E.B.L.” stands for? We know it’s not “Easy-Bake Lasagna” or “Everybody Beats Lemurs”…

2. July 28th, 2009 | 1:20 pm

LOL MJ. Those are good ones.

O.K, it’s Essential Baseball Library

I’m about 30% done with it – but, I haven’t been able to get back to it, at all, over the last 10 days or so, Hopefully I can start to work on it again a little this week and maybe on the weekend. It’s something that a few people asked me for…and, since I love baseball books so much, it’s something that I thought I should add to the blog.

3. July 28th, 2009 | 1:20 pm

MJ wrote:

“Everybody Beats Lemurs”…

And, for the record, you have to discount those wins against the Lemurs…. ;-)

4. Corey
      July 28th, 2009 | 1:38 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      see my guess would have been

“electronic baseball library”

and my guess as to what that would have been would be an online version of your book (and i also was guessing you had another book to justify a section). o well, had it wrong

5. clintfsu813
      July 28th, 2009 | 1:51 pm

The essential baseball library sounds like a cool idea. I can keep track of all the Yanks bios I need to read.

6. clintfsu813
      July 28th, 2009 | 1:57 pm

Just looked at current HR totals from Pete Abe:
      Teixeira 25
      Rodriguez 19
      Damon 17
      Swisher 16
      Cano 15
      Matsui 15
      Posada 13
      Jeter 11
      We could have 8 guys hit 20 or more HRs this year…Yowza!

7. MJ
      July 28th, 2009 | 2:08 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

LOL MJ. Those are good ones.
      O.K, it’s Essential Baseball Library

Awesome! I’m definitely looking forward to seeing it when it’s done.

And, yes, everyone must discount those wins against Lemurs…they’re chumps and they just roll over, kind of like the damn O’s against Boston.

8. clintfsu813
      July 28th, 2009 | 2:24 pm

Give the O’s a little respect..they had that huge comeback vs Boston earlier this year.

July 28th, 2009 | 4:12 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Essential Baseball Library

That’s a great idea. What’s the format going to be? Are you going into in-depth reviews, kinda like what you have on the site? Will the books be Yankee-centric, or will they be baseball books in general?

10. July 28th, 2009 | 4:33 pm

EBL format will be simple – just a list, no reviews. Obviously, if a book makes it, I’m geting it the best review/recommendation possible by saying it should be in an EBL.

It will be baseball in general, with an EBL for Yankees to come at a later date.

11. MJ
      July 28th, 2009 | 4:34 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

That’s true…but the very next day, the O’s had a win in the bag heading into the 8th inning and coughed it right back up.

The O’s and Indians have always been on my sh*t list for seemingly always letting Boston walk all over them. It annoys me.

12. ken
      July 28th, 2009 | 5:08 pm

In the medical field, EBL means estimated blood loss. it is recorded after every surgical procedure.

13. clintfsu813
      July 28th, 2009 | 5:14 pm

——————————————————————————————————————-
      I’m totally with you. I watched that second game when the O’s blew it. It also bugs me that Tampa seems to have Bostons number while lately we’ve pretty much lost before the game starts.

14. MJ
      July 28th, 2009 | 9:35 pm

I know it’s against the rules of baseball to say this but I gotta:

Mark Buehrle has another perfect game going through 5 innings. Holy crap. Holy CRAP!

15. MJ
      July 28th, 2009 | 9:45 pm

MJ wrote:

I know it’s against the rules of baseball to say this but I gotta:

I jinxed him. He made it perfect through 5.2 then walked a batter and then lost the no-no…