• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/30/09

Posted by on July 30th, 2009 · Comments (14)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 7/30/09

1. YankCrank
      July 30th, 2009 | 9:17 am

Anybody thinking Swish gets plunked tonight? I’m sure Ozzie tells Danks to at least brush him back

2. Corey
      July 30th, 2009 | 9:26 am

I’d think that would start a bench-clearer…although Ozzie is surely not above that

3. clintfsu813
      July 30th, 2009 | 10:08 am

Bring it on..nothing like a fight to really bring the guys together….totally kidding..sorta, lol

4. MJ
      July 30th, 2009 | 10:24 am

YankCrank wrote:

I wonder…Ozzie’s a total d-bag, don’t get me wrong, but I doubt the White Sox are even thinking about Swisher these days. They’re in a playoff chase in their division and their #1 starter just pitched 1.5 perfect games. No need to introduce negative momentum…

5. butchie22
      July 30th, 2009 | 11:09 am

Ozzie is a big time character. Loved what he said about the Cubs in the recent past: F*%k the Cubs! I loved that one and how he ripped Alex for the WBC, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dick Swisher gets plunked BECAUSE Ozzie thinks he’s a douche, so to speak. Clint, I grok what you are saying BTW,MJ Ozzie might be in a playoff chase BUT he’s nuts so don’t discount anything from him,and Corey, Oz is not above that, I agree totally.

6. YankCrank
      July 30th, 2009 | 11:12 am

——

Dick Swisher? You really just said that?

7. MJ
      July 30th, 2009 | 11:15 am

Dick Swisher? You really just said that?
      ———
      From the man that brought you such gems as “Ca$h Man”, “AJ Burnit”, “Big Flappi” and countless others…yes, “Dick Swisher” has now entered the Was Watching blogosphere!

:-)

8. Corey
      July 30th, 2009 | 3:23 pm

intesting stat that Pete Abe brought to my attention, had the yankees split the previous 8 games with the sox, they would be 11.5 games up on both tampa and boston right now…sigh…if only

9. YankCrank
      July 30th, 2009 | 3:31 pm

—-

sickening.

10. MJ
      July 30th, 2009 | 3:42 pm

@ Corey:
      It’s a shame. Oh well…just gotta win the next 11 against the Bostonians.

11. ken
      July 30th, 2009 | 5:10 pm

Boston probably loses to Oakland today if not for a dropped fly ball (lost in Sun) by A’s right fielder.

12. clintfsu813
      July 30th, 2009 | 5:13 pm

I’ll take 2 out of 4 from Oakland

13. Corey
      July 30th, 2009 | 6:29 pm

on my way home I heard on either the FAN or ESPN (cant recall which) that Canseco says a current hall of famer juiced and he knows that for a fact…if it’s true and a hall of famer (you gotta assume he means ricky) was on the juice…so now what do the writers do? The right thing, in my book, is to put them in anyway cause you can’t erase what they did. Somehow, I don’t think that will happen though, what do you guys think?

14. July 31st, 2009 | 12:07 pm

[...] an addendum to my comment in the water cooler yesterday,  here is the article from ESPN. If you do the math, there’s only 1 player in the Hall of [...]