• Mark Melancon Throwing At Dustin Pedroia

    Posted by on August 6th, 2009 · Comments (31)

    This one is payback for Brad Penny nailing A-Rod back on June 11, 2009.

    Comments on Mark Melancon Throwing At Dustin Pedroia

    1. yagottagotomo1
      August 6th, 2009 | 10:44 pm

      I highly, highly doubt that was intentional. Highly.

    2. August 6th, 2009 | 11:13 pm

      yagottagotomo1 wrote:

      I highly, highly doubt that was intentional. Highly.

      Yeah, Melancon threw two pitches around Pedroia’s head in that one PA – yet, he showed no other wildness in the inning. In fact, against the next batter he faced, he was painting strikes on the outside corner.

      With all due respect, any Yankees fan who thinks that HBP was not intentional needs to look at it again without their Yankees Blinders on, IMHO.

      Of course, you’re mileage may vary – and you do have a right to have your own opinion on this one…

    3. MJ
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:14 pm

      Intentional or not, Pedroia’s a freakin’ crybaby. Just take your base you bald little turd. Nice follow-up to your MVP season, you idiotic joke of a midget.

    4. yagottagotomo1
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:17 pm

      He walked the first guy he faced. I’m sorry, but it has reached the point where every pitch inside by a Yankee is called intentional.

    5. yagottagotomo1
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:23 pm

      Melancon threw 28 pitches: 16 strikes, 12 balls. Not exactly Greg Maddux up there.

    6. August 6th, 2009 | 11:26 pm

      yagottagotomo1 wrote:

      Melancon threw 28 pitches: 16 strikes, 12 balls. Not exactly Greg Maddux up there.

      Hitters umpire behind the plate tonight. Paul O’Neill made mention of that during the game several times. The ump was only calling strikes if the entire ball was over the plate.

    7. JeremyM
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:31 pm

      I would say that I doubt he threw intentionally at him- but you never know with a rookie out there trying to prove his worth.

    8. yagottagotomo1
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:31 pm

      So what? He wasn’t throwing strikes, bottom line. And riddle me this: why wait to the 7th pitch of an at-bat to hit someone? Why take all those pitches out of your arm? It just does not add up.

    9. clintfsu813
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:45 pm

      Its almost like Tiny Tim was trying to incense his teammates in the dugout by throwing a hissy fit. This just furthered his D-bag status.

    10. Raf
      August 6th, 2009 | 11:50 pm

      yagottagotomo1 wrote:

      So what? He wasn’t throwing strikes, bottom line. And riddle me this: why wait to the 7th pitch of an at-bat to hit someone? Why take all those pitches out of your arm? It just does not add up.

      On top of that, why not drill him with the first pitch?

      Anyway, the only reason people are making a big deal of this is because of the teams involved.

      If it was intentional, well, then I wish more players would go Jose Offerman, or Prince Fielder…

    11. kia
      August 7th, 2009 | 7:31 am

      Oh yea? Really?Wasnt Penny’s pitch for Bay getting hit by who else? Jaba the drunk. Melancon and Girardi are dipshits. you can take that to the bank.

    12. clintfsu813
      August 7th, 2009 | 8:05 am

      Its been taken to the bank…but returned due to lack of funds.

    13. kia
      August 7th, 2009 | 8:15 am

      Hey Steve,
      What reason could the Yankees have to throw over Longoria’s head? Was it because Pedro? Wait a minute. Pedro never pitched for the Rays.

    14. August 7th, 2009 | 8:40 am

      kia wrote:

      Hey Steve,
      What reason could the Yankees have to throw over Longoria’s head? Was it because Pedro? Wait a minute. Pedro never pitched for the Rays.

      Maybe Joba studied how to be a punk-ass pitcher at the knee of Pedro? I dunno…it’s possible.

    15. Raf
      August 7th, 2009 | 8:44 am

      Steve Lombardi wrote:

      kia wrote:
      Hey Steve,
      What reason could the Yankees have to throw over Longoria’s head? Was it because Pedro? Wait a minute. Pedro never pitched for the Rays.
      Maybe Joba studied how to be a punk-ass pitcher at the knee of Pedro? I dunno…it’s possible.

      Clemens?

    16. clintfsu813
      August 7th, 2009 | 8:55 am

      Are we just throwing out pitchers names who have ever thrown at a batter? Ok, i’m game..Beckett, Padilla, Mota…

    17. bfriley76
      August 7th, 2009 | 9:06 am

      Steve Lombardi wrote:

      yagottagotomo1 wrote:
      I highly, highly doubt that was intentional. Highly.
      Yeah, Melancon threw two pitches around Pedroia’s head in that one PA – yet, he showed no other wildness in the inning. In fact, against the next batter he faced, he was painting strikes on the outside corner.
      With all due respect, any Yankees fan who thinks that HBP was not intentional needs to look at it again without their Yankees Blinders on, IMHO.
      Of course, you’re mileage may vary – and you do have a right to have your own opinion on this one…

      Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Melancon, either in that at bat or the one right after, throw a pitch that bounced in the grass, not even the dirt. I’m sure Pedroia was annoyed because his shoulder was stinging, but Melancon did not have pinpoint control last night. I didn’t see it as intentional.

      That being said…with Red-Ass Beckett on the mound tonight, I’m sure the benches will be warned by the third inning.

    18. MJ
      August 7th, 2009 | 9:10 am

      That being said…with Red-Ass Beckett on the mound tonight, I’m sure the benches will be warned by the third inning.
      ———
      Probably right. As the man once said, “They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!”

    19. kia
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:22 am

      Steve,
      for your information yankee pitching hit 10 Red Sox batters while the Red Sox hit 3 in 9 games. If I’m the Red Sox I wouldnt hit any Yankee until the last game of the season. In the top of the 9 one of Bard’s 100 MPH should land on somebody’s hand or knees. Then you can talk about some revenge since you can thank your moron manager for headhunting people and teach him a lesson not to throw at anybody’s head ever again. IMO

    20. Raf
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:27 am

      clintfsu813 wrote:

      Are we just throwing out pitchers names who have ever thrown at a batter? Ok, i’m game..Beckett, Padilla, Mota…

      No, I’m just saying if Joba learned to be a “punk-ass pitcher” it would probably would’ve been at the knee of Clemens, not Pedro.

    21. Corey
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:30 am

      kia wrote:

      Then you can talk about some revenge since you can thank your moron manager for headhunting people and teach him a lesson not to throw at anybody’s head ever again. IMO

      and you have inside info that says Girardi ordered him to do that?

    22. MJ
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:32 am

      kia wrote:

      Steve,
      for your information yankee pitching hit 10 Red Sox batters while the Red Sox hit 3 in 9 games. If I’m the Red Sox I wouldnt hit any Yankee until the last game of the season. In the top of the 9 one of Bard’s 100 MPH should land on somebody’s hand or knees. Then you can talk about some revenge since you can thank your moron manager for headhunting people and teach him a lesson not to throw at anybody’s head ever again. IMO

      Relax. Do you remember when Pedro used to headhunt the Yanks all the time? It’s not like Boston is a bunch of innocents…after all, you have Josh Beckett on your team and he’s every bit a headhunter that you’re alleging some Yanks are.

    23. clintfsu813
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:40 am

      @ Raf:
      I misunderstood..I gotcha now

    24. YankCrank
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:51 am

      Steve,
      for your information yankee pitching hit 10 Red Sox batters while the Red Sox hit 3 in 9 games. If I’m the Red Sox I wouldnt hit any Yankee until the last game of the season. In the top of the 9 one of Bard’s 100 MPH should land on somebody’s hand or knees. Then you can talk about some revenge since you can thank your moron manager for headhunting people and teach him a lesson not to throw at anybody’s head ever again. IMO
      ——-

      Uh oh, somebody seems a little pissy after a tough loss last night :)

    25. clintfsu813
      August 7th, 2009 | 11:58 am

      @ YankCrank:
      Pedroia?

    26. YankCrank
      August 7th, 2009 | 12:34 pm

      @ YankCrank:
      Pedroia?
      —-

      Haha yeah, him too.

    27. kia
      August 7th, 2009 | 2:27 pm

      @ Corey:
      yea genious I do. Did you read the title of this thread? If you did then you will know.

    28. kia
      August 7th, 2009 | 2:33 pm

      @ YankCrank:
      See you are wrong. I knew we were going to lose the game with Smoltz pitching so I came to terms before the game was pitched. And for those people that keep talking about Pedro. He is not on the team anymore. I wonder if any of your pitchers were headhunting the Mets because Pedro was on that team. Oh another question. Why did Jaba the drunk threw over Longoria’s head?

    29. August 7th, 2009 | 2:43 pm

      Mark Melancon is a former University of Arizona player and Pedroia played against him for rival Arizona State…maybe this things has roots back to that?

    30. MJ
      August 7th, 2009 | 2:50 pm

      kia wrote:

      @ Corey:
      yea genious I do. Did you read the title of this thread? If you did then you will know.

      Your evidence is the fact that the title of his thread says so? If you’re in law school, you might want to re-take Evidence.

    31. September 16th, 2009 | 12:04 am

      [...] Melancon has to learn to stop hitting batters right square in the back. That’s what triggered this whole thing. And, now, Jorge Posada is probably going to get [...]

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.