• August 8th vs. The Red Sox

Posted by on August 8th, 2009 · Comments (8)

Yankees now have back-to-back shutouts of the Red Sox, in Yankee Stadium, for the first time since their double-header sweep of Boston on August 27, 1963.

Jim Bouton and Ralph Terry were the stars of those games for the Yanks…like CC Sabathia was today (and A.J. Burnett was last night).

Is it just me, or, does Clay Buchholz look like a skeevy character that Steve Buscemi would play in a movie?

Think the Yankees have “Sweep Dreams” about tomorrow? I know I do…

…still, New York has not exactly been blasting the cover off the ball for the last two games…and they have to face Jon Lester…

…in any event, this series is already a success for the Yankees…regardless if they win or lose tomorrow…and the only damper that could come out of it would be if something really bad, like an injury, happened in tomorrow’s game.

Comments on August 8th vs. The Red Sox

1. KPOcala
      August 8th, 2009 | 9:44 pm

“Is it just me, or, does Clay Buchholz look like a skeevy character that Steve Buscemi would play in a movie”?

That’s hilarious! I was commenting to wife how creepy he looked, someone that Steely Dan would have sung about…BTW, could Theo have out-smarted himself?

2. Evan3457
      August 8th, 2009 | 10:06 pm

I just want to remind anyone not to be happy about any of this; this means very little considering the Yanks are only 6-14 against teams with winning percentages above .560.

3. Evan3457
      August 8th, 2009 | 10:09 pm

…and just 9-15 against 2nd place teams.

4. clintfsu813
      August 8th, 2009 | 11:17 pm

@ KPOcala:
      My wife walked in during the bottom of the 2nd inning and said..When did the Redsox starting allowing Meth Addicts to pitch? Gotta love her, lol.

I was very impressed with the pitching the last two games. I know we havent been hitting, but this is what great teams do. They pitch their butts off when the team isnt hitting. Lets hope we get it back against Lester tomorrow. The way Andy has looked lately, it could be another pitching duel though.

5. kia
      August 8th, 2009 | 11:44 pm

When did the Redsox starting allowing Meth Addicts to pitch?

After the Yankees allowed dranks to pitch for them.

6. August 9th, 2009 | 1:22 am

kia wrote:

When did the Redsox starting allowing Meth Addicts to pitch?

After the Yankees allowed dranks to pitch for them.

That’s all I’ll say.

August 9th, 2009 | 5:42 am

Just getting back from Boston, ’twas a lot of fun watching this game in “enemy territory”

8. newbs
      August 10th, 2009 | 3:39 pm

Totally agree about the way Buchholz looks, but I have to give him some respect. For a guy that looks the way he does, he gets way more tail than he has any right to (go do a search). Sometimes life just isn’t fair.