• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 8/26/09

Posted by on August 26th, 2009 · Comments (16)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 8/26/09

1. Tresh Fan
      August 26th, 2009 | 9:46 am

Okay, so here’s the 411: Over the last 8 games the Yankee pitching staff has allowed 56 runs—that’s 7 runs a game.
      The worst offender has been Joba Chamberlain. In his last 2 starts Joba has coughed up 11 runs on 16 hits and 4 bases on balls in 9 innings (that’s a WHIP of 2.22) while tossing 186 pitches (107 strikes and 79 balls) and allowing a plethora of two out runs and two strike hits. It’s gotten beyond whether he’s shaking off Posada or not. It’s gotten to whether he’s gassed or not.

2. MJ
      August 26th, 2009 | 10:00 am

Tresh Fan wrote:

I only agree to a point. Throwing a 50-50 mix of fastballs and sliders is part of the problem here. Furthemore, how “gassed” can he be when he hasn’t pitched in 10 days…

3. MJ
      August 26th, 2009 | 10:01 am

If he’s gassed after 2 weeks off, maybe he needs to drop about 20 lbs. You can’t be a fatass pitcher unless your name is CC Sabathia and you can prove that your poor conditioning isn’t a detriment to your performance.

4. clintfsu813
      August 26th, 2009 | 10:48 am

I love how MJ clearly dislikes Joba..it makes for great convo, lol.

5. Corey
      August 26th, 2009 | 11:04 am

@ clintfsu813:
      haha i enjoy how he’s now referring to joba as #62 lol

6. YankCrank
      August 26th, 2009 | 11:29 am

There seems to be much, much more of a fuss being made on the internet over Girardi’s call to make Swish bunt than there is over Joba’s performance.

The bunt was simply stupid, IMHO, anybody want to talk about that?

7. Corey
      August 26th, 2009 | 11:39 am

@ YankCrank:
      if not for Joba, there would be no need to bunt. that’s why i didn’t get too worked up over it.

8. YankCrank
      August 26th, 2009 | 11:50 am

@ YankCrank:
      ——-

I see your point but I can’t look at it like that. Not when Girardi has pulled that same move multiple times this season, and seems likely to pull the same move if given the chance in the playoffs…where every game, every out is precious.

Many bloggers have written about it so I don’t need to elaborate, but if we lose game 5 of the ALDS like we lost last night we won’t be able to brush it off so easily.

9. sanair
      August 26th, 2009 | 11:59 am

In case you haven’t seen it, Pete Abe is praising Cashman for avoiding Santana:

10. MJ
      August 26th, 2009 | 12:04 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

I love how MJ clearly dislikes Joba..it makes for great convo, lol.

Corey wrote:

@ clintfsu813:
      haha i enjoy how he’s now referring to joba as #62 lol

I can’t speak his name, that’s how little I like him. Think of me as Bill Parcells and #62 as Terry Glenn. “She” sucks.

Speaking of #62, I’m having the same problem with Sergio Mitre…I have tickets to Saturday’s game vs. the White Sox and Girardi pulled a switcharoo on me and moved Sabathia up to Friday night and Mitre to Saturday. That means that I’ve only seen Mitre (2x) and #62 (5x) pitch this year. Seriously, WTF are the odds that I can’t even back into some luck and see someone else this year?!!

August 26th, 2009 | 12:15 pm

MJ wrote:

Have you seen Burnett yet?

12. MJ
      August 26th, 2009 | 12:20 pm

@ Raf:
      Nope.

I’ve only seen #62 and Mitre at home and Hughes on the road. Worst. Luck. Ever.

13. G.I. Joey
      August 26th, 2009 | 2:00 pm

MJ wrote:

@ Raf:
      Nope.
      I’ve only seen #62 and Mitre at home and Hughes on the road. Worst. Luck. Ever.

That sucks. Do you have anymore games left to go to this season?

14. MJ
      August 26th, 2009 | 4:29 pm

G.I. Joey wrote:

That sucks. Do you have anymore games left to go to this season?

After this Saturday’s game (Mitre), I’ve got Tuesday, 9/8 vs. Tampa. I’ll bet my left one that it’ll be either #62 or the Mitre/Gaudin poo-poo platter.

15. antone
      August 26th, 2009 | 4:40 pm

ESPN has Sabathia scheduled to pitch Saturday probably against Peavy.

I’m also going to the game so I’ve been checking it all week. Originally CC was on Friday and Gaudin was going against Contreras on Saturday, but they have Mitre on Friday now.

Where do you guys see CC on Friday? I’m hoping to catch him pitch Saturday was looking forward to it…

16. clintfsu813