• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/8/09

Posted by on September 8th, 2009 · Comments (12)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/8/09

1. YankCrank
      September 8th, 2009 | 9:21 am

23 games left in the season and we’ve already matched last years win total of 89. Love it.

2. Corey
      September 8th, 2009 | 9:22 am

playoff magic # = 14

just got back from camping over the 3 day weekend last night…did i miss anything notable?

3. MJ
      September 8th, 2009 | 9:24 am

YankCrank wrote:

Ditto.

Not to be greedy but if the Yanks could’ve beaten Boston even three times out of their first eight meetings, our magic number would be 10 instead of 16…

4. MJ
      September 8th, 2009 | 9:26 am

Corey wrote:

did i miss anything notable?

Yanks swept both ends of the double-header vs. Tampa, got great pitching out of their two top dogs (CC & AJ), and ended Carlos Pena’s season with two broken fingers…

5. Tresh Fan
      September 8th, 2009 | 9:58 am

Yesterday the Yanks eliminated Toronto, took 4 games off the magic number to eliminate Tampa Bay and 3 games off the Magic Number to eliminate Boston. Not a bad day’s work, all in all.

6. September 8th, 2009 | 3:20 pm

Thought I would share this, as it’s on my mind. Over the past three months, I’ve been mulling over my future as a blogger. Basically, what you see from me now is what I’ve been doing for the last five seasons. And, to be quite candid, I think it might be time for a change, in terms of my M.O. here. In a nutshell, I’m considering trading in frequent and “laconic” posts for less-frequent and somewhat longer posts, for the most part. (I’m not saying I would completely stop a quick-hit posting pattern. More so, it would be a special thing, as it happened, as opposed to a couple of times a day.)

Think if it as shifting from a newspaper/daily type reporter to more of a weekly magazine columnist type format.

As a reader of this blog, how would you feel about that?

Just thought I would throw it out there – to see what the reaction was – so that I can factor that into my thought process…trying to come to a conclusion on what to do. For the record, I hope to come to a decision on this in the next 5 to 7 weeks (thereabouts).

And, thanks in advance for any feedback you elect to share on this.

7. MJ
      September 8th, 2009 | 4:07 pm

As a reader of this blog, how would you feel about that?
      ———
      Selfishly, I wouldn’t feel good about it at all. I would miss the regularity of the posts tremendously and it would make the workday that much longer and more difficult to endure if I didn’t have a daily dose of Yankee-related topics to converse and debate with my fellow blog-mates.

But it’s your blog, it’s your life and it’s your choice. You should do whatever makes you happiest and is best for you.

8. September 8th, 2009 | 8:42 pm

Thanks MJ.

Hey, the fact that I posted that and in the 5 hours and 20 minutes that have passed since then only one person weighed in, well, that says a lot too.

It’s times like this where I ask myself “You spend 90 hours a month doing this for…what again?”

Maybe the answer isn’t cutting down to 8 hours a month? Maybe it’s 30 hours a month? But, right now, at times like this, it seems like 8 is the right number…

9. MJ
      September 8th, 2009 | 8:48 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

I wouldn’t read too much into that. I know a lot of folks that are on vacation and I know that school opened up for a lot of HS and college kids.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but I think you have a very strong and loyal core of readers and we really wouldn’t spend this much time hanging out here if we didn’t love it.

10. September 8th, 2009 | 10:11 pm

Thanks, again, MJ.

It would be nice to hear from some of them, once in while. It seems like I only hear from those who want to call me names and/or tell me how stupid I am and that I’m a hack, etc. ;-)

11. JeremyM
      September 8th, 2009 | 10:55 pm

Steve, I appreciate what you do, but it’s human nature to only feel compelled to respond if I disagree- frankly, it would be boring if I wrote “right on Steve,” wouldn’t it? And personally, if I do try to disagree with a point, I also try to point out what I do agree with. Other than harping on certain players a little too much from time to time or posting about the Yanks record against certain teams, I think most of your stuff is with merit, or I wouldn’t waste my time coming here.

12. September 8th, 2009 | 11:39 pm