• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/10/09

Posted by on September 10th, 2009 · Comments (7)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/10/09

1. September 10th, 2009 | 10:22 am
    2. MJ
      September 10th, 2009 | 12:05 pm

So, the Yanks come into a well-deserved off day after playing 17 games in 16 days. Over the course of those 17 games, the team went 13-4.

The Yanks now have 18 games remaining, 12 of which are at home (vs. BAL, TOR, BOS, KC and a makeup game vs. LAA). They have six more games on the road which, unfortunately, are @ SEA and @ LAA. Hopefully the Yanks can beat LAA and gain a little more confidence against them heading into October. Objectively, the Yanks are a far better and deeper team so I hope they can show that.

We’re 41 games over .500. I really never saw this coming!

3. Corey
      September 10th, 2009 | 12:17 pm

this relates back a bit to the post on top 10 yankees of all time as Pete Abe did his own personal top 10:

Personally, I tend to think my top 8 would be the same as his. After that, I feel like my bias to the players i’ve seen would kick in.

4. YankCrank
      September 10th, 2009 | 12:29 pm

MJ wrote:

We’re 41 games over .500. I really never saw this coming!

Dude, this season has been an absolute dream. 41 games over .55, 40-13 since the All Star break…this team has just been so amazing that I can’t take my eyes off them. I refuse to miss a game.

I know the playoffs are another monster, and we all want #27, but no matter what I hope Yankee fans don’t overlook how incredibly productive and almost machine-like this team has been. I literally don’t want to have to face this season ending, ever haha.

5. MJ
      September 10th, 2009 | 12:37 pm

@ YankCrank:
      Couldn’t agree with you more. I hate to miss games because it’s so much fun watching these guys play. They seem to be winning games in all manners of ways: some nights its good starting pitching, other nights its great work from the bullpen. Some nights the lineup explodes, other nights they win in “close and late” situations. It’s been a blast, that’s for sure.

I definitely want #27 and I truly hope it happens for us. But I agree that if it doesn’t happen, I won’t see this year as a failure. I’ve had too much fun and grown too emotionally attached to some of the new guys — CC, Swisher, Teixeira, Frankie Cervelli, AJ — to feel like I was let down. This season truly makes me feel like I felt about 10 years ago…likeable guys playing great baseball.

6. G.I. Joey
      September 10th, 2009 | 1:09 pm

On a silly/superstitious note I feel like #27 is coming for these reasons:

1) I will be turning 27 in the beginning of October as the Yankees enter the post season.
      2) I wore #27 all throughout HS.
      3) I’ve won at roulette three times betting on 27 b/c I consider it my lucky number.

Of course #2 and #3 have been true since after 2000, but the addition of #1 into the mix is a strong sign in my crazy opinion. In no way am I implying that #27 will happen b/c of these reasons which are clearly centered around me, but they give me an extremely positive feeling that it is on the way.

7. MJ
      September 10th, 2009 | 1:58 pm

@ G.I. Joey:
      I seriously hope you’re right.

I turned 34 this past July and I wore #77 (football) and #14 (baseball) so I hope they get to my football number. I realize that it would take them winning 51 more titles in my lifetime which seems a bit unrealistic… :-)