• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/13/09

Posted by on September 13th, 2009 · Comments (7)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/13/09

1. Corey
      September 13th, 2009 | 10:36 am

cool stat about Mo Rivera from Pete Abe on today’s game log:

It’s amazing the Rivera has as many RBI (one) as earned runs allowed (one) since June 16.

Mo is awesome.

September 13th, 2009 | 11:08 am

The San Diego fans stole our “roll call!” Theivin bastids :)

FWIW, they played “Sweet Caroline” but the crowd didn’t or doesn’t seem to be into it like they are back east.

They also do the dancing groundskeepers routine, but they only have one while the rest drag the infield

3. Corey
      September 13th, 2009 | 11:09 am

@ Raf:
      went to see a Padres game?

“Sweet Caroline” sucks, that’s why.

September 13th, 2009 | 11:42 am

Yeah, I’m typing this from San Diego. Took in a Padres game last night.

Oh, I know it sucks… Then again, it can’t be all that bad if other teams are stealing it. But to be fair, it wasn’t used like the Red Sox use it. It was more one of the songs they had in their stadium rotation, if you will.

5. GDH
      September 13th, 2009 | 12:03 pm

“Sweet Caroline” just always weirded me out. Why choose to play a cheesy Neil Diamond song after a team wins a baseball game. I mean:

“Hands, touchin’ hands / Reachin’ out / Touchin’ me / Touchin you’”
      Really. What’s next- Culture Club? Men at Work?

The only thing as cool as New York, New York, is the song that usually precedes it, Enter Sandman.

September 13th, 2009 | 12:26 pm

Well, is it any worse than a paean to gay sex? I find it hilarious that YMCA gets as much play as it gets in a “family” environment.

They played “Enter Sandman” too, but that was also part of the stadium song rotation.

7. Corey
      September 13th, 2009 | 1:15 pm

@ Raf:
      ya know, I actually started hating that song from attending so many weddings, not red sox related…every single wedding plays this song.