• Yanks Set 2010 Tkt Prices

Posted by on September 16th, 2009 · Comments (6)

Via the Yankees today -

The Yankees today announced 2010 full-season ticket license pricing for regular season games at Yankee Stadium. Prices for 97 percent of tickets will either remain the same or decrease.
    Of the 50,086 seats in the Stadium, prices for 41,928 tickets (84 percent) will remain the same from 2009, while 6,454 tickets (13 percent) will see a decrease in price. There are 1,704 tickets (three percent) that will have an increase in price.

A total of 3,400 Field Level seats currently priced at $325 as part of full-season licenses will drop to $250 or $235 each next season, depending on their specific location. Additionally, all 1,208 Suite seats in the Delta Sky360° Suite will see a decrease in price, as will 1,846 of 1,894 Suite seats (97 percent) in the Legends Suite. The balance of the Legends Suite seats will have no price change.

All Field Level seats not in the aforementioned locations will remain at their current prices. Additionally, non-Suite tickets in the Bleachers, Grandstand and Terrace levels will see no change in price in the 2010 season.

In the Main Level, 10,111 seat locations will see no increase. The remaining 1,704 seats in Sections 216-217 and 223-224 currently priced at $100 will be $125 next season. These mark the only increases for 2010.

Did they really need to increase the prices on those 1,704 seats in Sections 216-217 and 223-224? That’s an extra $3.5 million for the Yankees. Do they really need $3.5 million that badly? Man, if I had one of those seats, I’d be seeing red on this news…

Comments on Yanks Set 2010 Tkt Prices

September 16th, 2009 | 10:49 am

It isn’t that they need the money badly, they’re seeing what they can get away with. It will be a few years before you see ticket prices “stabilize” (for lack of a better word) @ the Stadium.

2. Evan3457
      September 16th, 2009 | 1:02 pm

Well, of course they did.

I’ve gone to the new Stadium about a dozen times this year so far, mostly buying from StubHub, sitting just about everywhere from Grandstand Dugout to Field Dugout, but the best combination of bargain price/location I’ve been able to find is Main Dugout.

So naturally, those are the only seats in the park getting their prices raised.

Go figure.

3. MJ
      September 16th, 2009 | 1:55 pm

I don’t see what the big deal is. The Yanks kept ticket prices the same for 84% of their season tickets and increased them for only 3% of their season ticketholders. 3% of the ballpark gets a 4% increase in ticket prices and you’d see red? Why? That’s really not so drastic in my book.

For those that might see red like you, all they have to do is not renew.

4. MJ
      September 16th, 2009 | 1:57 pm

*4% increase should’ve been 25% increase. I was too hasty in pressing “submit.” Anyway, this only affects 3% of the ballpark and not a big deal to the average joe.

September 16th, 2009 | 2:34 pm

MJ wrote:

Cue the “ZOMG A FAMILY OF 4 NEEDS TO TAKE OUT A 2ND MORTGAGE TO SEE A YANKEES GAME” meme! :)

6. MJ
      September 16th, 2009 | 4:00 pm

@ Raf:
      LOL! I’ve already sold futures options on both of my kidneys and lungs to pay for my seats!