• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/21/09

Posted by on September 21st, 2009 · Comments (11)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/21/09

1. clintfsu813
      September 21st, 2009 | 8:22 am

This was funny quote by Johnny:
      “The bottom line is that we just have to try to keep playing well,” Johnny Damon said. “Lately, we’ve been losing some close ones, and it seems like no one else is trying to beat Boston. It seems like they’re having their ways with the Blue Jays and the Orioles. That’s part of baseball. I think we just need to worry about ourselves.”

2. Corey
      September 21st, 2009 | 12:07 pm

anyone else find it ridiculous that people are actually thinking the Yankees should give IPK a shot to be the 4th starter in the playoffs? The guy just got back, hasn’t pitched in the big leagues since getting shelled last year, and hasn’t thrown more than 3 innings (Granted, neither has Joba :P) in a quite a while.

3. clintfsu813
      September 21st, 2009 | 12:31 pm

@ Corey:
      Yes..pitching IPK in the playoffs is rediculous. People are just looking for anything other than Joba.

4. YankCrank
      September 21st, 2009 | 2:16 pm

Haha, sorry Steve. I was looking for things to read while eating lunch so I went back to some posts on WW from 2005. Sad to say, I found this quote from you:

“I know many were down on the signing of Pavano based on the “one-year wonder” theory. But, I think I’m going to like him…”

Haha, ouch. Funny how things change over time, right?

5. Corey
      September 21st, 2009 | 2:24 pm

YankCrank wrote:

lol, I recall reading that back in the day…that was a while ago, before I even started commenting

6. YankCrank
      September 21st, 2009 | 2:31 pm

Corey wrote:

Corey wrote:

YankCrank wrote:

I particularly remember three FA signings that I really didn’t want. First came Giambi, then came Pavano, then came Womack. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news and my reaction…much like you remember every detail of the car crashes you’ve been in.

7. Corey
      September 21st, 2009 | 4:26 pm

in the interest of sparking conversation, here’s my top 5 for MVP:

1) Mauer
      2) Cabrera
      3) Tex
      4) Youkilis
      5) Jeter

8. ken
      September 21st, 2009 | 5:13 pm

Funny post on Pete Abe’s blog (who as most of you probably know has announced that he will be leaving Lohud for, ugghh, the Globe):

“Just received this from a reader:

As a parting gift, please take Joba with you. “

9. ken
      September 21st, 2009 | 5:34 pm

Re: Joba

I generally try not to 2nd guess the teams. I presume that there is alot more going on than what fans get to learn. I have tried to defend Yankees’ handling of Joba but now I give up.

They ruined the guy. Not that he shouldn’t have gone to the rotation, but they took his biggest asset, his mojo, and constrained it.

Either let him throw all out for one or two innings out of the ‘pen, or let him go as far as he can as a starter. They throttled his energy. It’s not too late for his career, but it may be so for this season.

10. butchie22
      September 21st, 2009 | 6:24 pm

YankCrank wrote:

Corey wrote:
      Corey wrote:
      YankCrank wrote:

I liked the Giambi signing from the get go. He turned out to work out pretty well for them:on the field and on the clubhouse. I’m glad that the Denver Mountain Rangers picked him up…good for him.

Pavano? Mates, he needed to be bloody signed by the Red Pox. Could never stand that sniveling little worm, even though so many teams wanted his arse!

As I’ve sadi and will say again, I didn’t like the Aj signing. He’s too inconsistent and the contract is too long. He has a big long stretch that was great this year and patches were he was awful. I have to see how he does in the playoffs, because it might seem with Joba being so iffy AND Pettitte not asuredly 100 percent, the Yanks might put out Mitre or Gaudin. and I wish I was joking about Chad the Cad and Sergio Valente Mitre being in the playoffs BUT stranger things have happened!

11. September 21st, 2009 | 11:08 pm

Not really Yankees related – except that he plays for Lyle…but, I love this story: