• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/25/09

Posted by on September 25th, 2009 · Comments (11)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/25/09

1. YankCrank
      September 25th, 2009 | 9:04 am

Just win one game this weekend…that’s all we need.

Don’t get swept.

2. MJ
      September 25th, 2009 | 9:17 am

@ YankCrank:
      We’ll lose tonight because Lester’s a stud and #62′s a worthless sack of fat cells.

Our best bet’s on Saturday when Carsten Charles matches up with Dice-K. I know Dice-K’s been decent since he came back from the DL but I still like our chances. Sunday’s Pettitte-Byrd game is a toss-up…

3. YankCrank
      September 25th, 2009 | 9:40 am

MJ wrote:

@ YankCrank:
      We’ll lose tonight because Lester’s a stud and #62’s a worthless sack of fat cells.

I totally agree. I’m expecting tonight’s game to be out of reach by the 4th, and Saturday/Sunday being a toss up. I don’t care if we lose the series, we’re up 5.5., just don’t get swept.

4. MJ
      September 25th, 2009 | 9:52 am

YankCrank wrote:

I’m expecting tonight’s game to be out of reach by the 4th,

Isn’t that sad? As much as I hate #62, it breaks my heart that this is where we’ve gotten to with him. A totally lost season in my opinion. Between his bad regression and the idiotic handling of the various incarnations of the Joba Rules, it’s kinda heartbreaking to me.

5. bfriley76
      September 25th, 2009 | 9:57 am

MJ wrote:

@ YankCrank:
      Sunday’s Pettitte-Byrd game is a toss-up…

Really? I know Andy had a start skipped recently, but Byrd has been far from unhittable since joining the Sox. He’s walking more people than he’s striking out, giving up 13 hits/9 innings, and has a WHIP of almost 2.00.

6. clintfsu813
      September 25th, 2009 | 10:04 am

I would say Sunday would be the biggest guarantee

7. YankCrank
      September 25th, 2009 | 10:12 am

MJ wrote:

it’s kinda heartbreaking to me.

I look at is as very unfortunate, and a disappointment. There were just so many high hopes with Joba this year and something went wrong along the way.

I know it’s easy to look at his weight and say it’s because he was out of shape, or look at the different rules and say the Yankees screwed him up, but we really don’t know what’s gone wrong with him. Whatever the reason, he’s gone to shit and it really is disappointing. It would have been damn good to have last year’s Joba heading into this postseason.

8. ken
      September 25th, 2009 | 10:34 am

MJ wrote:

Sunday’s Pettitte-Byrd game is a toss-up

If we can’t win this game then just forfeit the playoffs now.

9. ken
      September 25th, 2009 | 10:37 am

YankCrank wrote:

I get the sense that there is more to the Joba story than is apparent to most of us outside the organization. Either his attitude or fitness or something else is keeping him from his potential. As I recall, Joba was passed by many teams in the draft due to concerns other than talent.

10. MJ
      September 25th, 2009 | 1:15 pm

YankCrank wrote:

You’re right, we don’t know what’s gone wrong. I wish we could’ve fixed the problems when they first popped up but clearly it’s just not mechanical.

ken wrote:

I think he was passed over in the draft because of injury concerns. At this point, however, I do think you might be onto something. I think the best thing for him would’ve been a visit to Scranton, the way Hughes/IPK got humbled last year. Might’ve done him some good to know that he could go to a place where results didn’t matter as much as process and, simulatenously learning the lesson that his MLB career is not guaranteed to him.

11. YankCrank
      September 25th, 2009 | 1:18 pm

MJ wrote:

True, I wish we had the available depth to do such a thing.