• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/28/09

Posted by on September 28th, 2009 · Comments (14)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 9/28/09

1. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2009 | 8:07 am

Morning everyone..havent slept that good since September 2006 :)

2. MJ
      September 28th, 2009 | 8:43 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Morning everyone..havent slept that good since September 2006

Ditto, my friend.

To clinch the AL East and the best record in baseball, and do it in on the team’s 100th win of the season, AND to do all THAT against the Boston Red Sox…what a treat! It’s pretty nuts to think that the Yanks spotted Boston an 8-game lead in the season series and then came back to go 9-1 over the next 10. That’s just a crazy swing.

Six games left (vs. KC; @TB)…let’s just root for no injuries and continued focus on the other hurdles the team needs to reach.

By the way, I loved seeing Swisher getting doused with champagne yesterday. He looked like he was having such a great time. It’s gotta feel good for him, knowing that he was thrown out like yesterday’s trash in Chicago…

3. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2009 | 8:49 am

One persons trash, is another man’s treasure

4. YankCrank
      September 28th, 2009 | 8:51 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Morning everyone..havent slept that good since September 2006

Couldn’t have said it any better myself. This team has brought us on such a great ride all year, and after last year’s disappointment we should all be so excited and super appreciative of what this team accomplished.

I know everybody has the World Series on their minds, but this was quite a big deal too. Congratulations Yankees…hope it’s a sign of more to come.

5. MJ
      September 28th, 2009 | 10:57 am

YankCrank wrote:

Definitely.

But I’m gonna be greedy and stay focused on the regular season too. As long as no injuries occur, I’d have no problem with the Yanks beating Tampa’s brains in next weekend. Hey, if for no other reason than I want our boy ClintFSU to have fun and send his good vibes onto the team.

6. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:12 am

Thanks for the good wishes. I’ll be there in full force. I have a feeling that place is gonna be rocking with the “Lets Go Yankees” chant. Im expecting very minimal Rays fans to come out. It’ll be our Home Game away from Home, lol. And if CC gets # 20 Friday, expect some excitement on the Cooler come Saturday morning :)

7. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:29 am

On a side note, I’m having fun with that Yankeesnumbers site. I think its cool Aceves is the first to ever wear #91. Especially the fact that he used Rodman as motivation for it, lol.

8. MJ
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:31 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Especially the fact that he used Rodman as motivation for it, lol.

Is that true? Where’d you hear that? That’s actually quite hysterical and only solidifies his claim to the title of “Mexican Gangster.”

Frankie Cervelli and Ace Aceves are my favorite non-star Yankees by a wide, wide margin. Love those guys.

9. YankCrank
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:41 am

Hey, anybody see Oncewas lately?

He disappeared after that 4 game sweep in early August, came back for the week the Sox gained 3.5 games and now he’s gone again…I wonder why? :)

10. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:46 am

From the site:
      Notes: In 2008, Alfredo became the first Yankee to wear #91 in the regular season. Why? According to Alfredo, “When I was in high school, I used to watch basketball and the Chicago Bulls,” Aceves said. “Dennis Rodman was one of the best players at that time. The way he played, you know? He made the other players [upset]. I liked that. They get frustrated.”

11. MJ
      September 28th, 2009 | 11:55 am

@ YankCrank:
      LOL, he actually re-appearced once after the early August sweep to talk about Dice-K and Billy Wagner. In fact, the Billy Wagner conversation we had yesterday goes back to that last week in August when Wagner got picked up by the Sox and OnceIWas gloated about him.

12. ken
      September 28th, 2009 | 2:26 pm

Yesterday was a pleasing end to a pleasing regular season. But, as The Captain would say: “We haven’t accomplished anything yet.”

13. September 28th, 2009 | 4:59 pm

Not sure if you guys already had a chance to read this, but this story made me feel bad for Sal Fasano…

wt r the Mets doing,,, cudnt have done this for 1 day?

September 28th, 2009 | 5:02 pm