• Gardenhire On A-Rod’s ALDS Game 1 Ribbie

Posted by on October 8th, 2009 · Comments (12)

Via La Velle E. Neal:

Thanks to Mike Herman of the Twins baseball communications department, we were able to grab Twins manager Ron Gardenhire following his main press conference to get more details on Jesse Crain’s sore groin muscle.

But it led to some interesting stuff from the Twins manager about Game 1 and the state of his team.

Brian Duensing’s pitch to Alex Rodriguez was the moment that jumped out at him the most. He said pitching coach Rick Anderson told Duensing to be careful with the All-Star because the chances were good that he would chase something off the plate. But Duensing grooved a pitch.

“We gave up A-Rod’s first (postseason) RBI in five years,” he said. “Chrysler.”

Classic.

Maybe we can get Jerry Van Dyke to now star in a sitcom called “My A-Rod The K-Car”?

Comments on Gardenhire On A-Rod’s ALDS Game 1 Ribbie

1. Corey
      October 8th, 2009 | 1:35 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but I don’t get it. Chrysler?

2. MJ
      October 8th, 2009 | 1:45 pm

Ron Gardenhire said:

We gave up A-Rod’s first (postseason) RBI in five years

That’s funny. Anyone pointed out to Gardenhire that he hasn’t won a playoff series in six years (and counting)? He might want to STFU.

3. YankCrank
      October 8th, 2009 | 1:48 pm

Corey wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I don’t get it. Chrysler?

I also don’t get this, and Gardenhire can get f’ed in the a for all I care. Win a game in the Bronx not pitched by Johan Santana and then we’ll talk.

4. October 8th, 2009 | 1:50 pm

Corey wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I don’t get it. Chrysler?

For you youngsters, it’s sort of like when SpongeBob and Patrick yell out “Tartar sauce!”

5. Corey
      October 8th, 2009 | 1:56 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

lol slightly insulting, as I’ve never seen Sponge Bob Square Pants in my life (it came on when i was a teenager). Still not sure what it means though.

6. G.I. Joey
      October 8th, 2009 | 1:58 pm

Some Twins players also commented that the stadium wasn’t as loud as it has been in past Octobers, which is true, but it almost seemed like they were implying that the crowd was completely flat. This reminds me of when Pedroia’s comments after playing in the new stadium for the first time. It’s funny to me that these guys need to proclaim that they’re not intimidated.

7. Corey
      October 8th, 2009 | 2:01 pm

Should be noted that I can infer what he meant by Chrysler (like shazbot), I was more inquisitive about the reference.

8. MJ
      October 8th, 2009 | 2:09 pm

G.I. Joey wrote:

Sound apparently doesn’t travel well all the way down there in little people land.

9. YankCrank
      October 8th, 2009 | 2:30 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Sorry, I feel like an idiot. Still don’t get it haha

10. Corey
      October 8th, 2009 | 2:46 pm

YankCrank wrote:

Sorry, I feel like an idiot. Still don’t get it haha

Don’t, I still didn’t get it either. I had made 1 other comment on this, but apparently it was deleted.

October 8th, 2009 | 3:48 pm

Corey wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I don’t get it. Chrysler?

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Corey wrote:
      Excuse my ignorance, but I don’t get it. Chrysler?

Yep… Basically an expression of exasperation. Guess he didn’t want to say “Christ” or “Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ”

12. Evan3457
      October 8th, 2009 | 8:14 pm

“We gave up A-Rod’s first (postseason) RBI in five years,” he said. “Chrysler.”

Hey, that’s funny, Ron. Especially coming from a guy who had almost 800 major league at bats, but who never had a postseason appearance, and hit fewer HRs in that pathetic career than A-Rod has in his dubious post-season efforts.