• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/13/09

Posted by on October 13th, 2009 · Comments (13)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/13/09

1. Corey
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:18 am

Anyone else got this fear in the back of their mind about the Phillies? Is it just me?

2. clintfsu813
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:30 am

Their bullpen brings out the opposite of fear in me. It gives me tingles thinking about Lidge pitching in the Bronx in a tie game in the 9th. Havent we done that to him once this year already? lol.

3. Corey
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:37 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Their bullpen brings out the opposite of fear in me.

If their starter goes 9, they don’t need a ‘pen as Lee has shown. Plus I just really didn’t like how we played against them earlier in the year. Then again, that was a long time ago for this team.

4. clintfsu813
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:41 am

I see us putting up more of an offensive fight than The Rox though

5. ken
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:47 am

Would love to see Pedro on the bump in the Bronx. Bring ‘em on!

6. Corey
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:47 am

@ clintfsu813:
      I’m not comparing the Yankees vs. Phillies potential match up with the Rox-Phils match up (since the Yankees and Rockies are different types of teams), I was more comparing it to how we played them earlier in the year.

7. clintfsu813
      October 13th, 2009 | 9:58 am

@ Corey:
      Yea, I see your point. I just dont see the Phils pitching going 9 innings against our patient lineup. We would most assuredly see their bullpen pretty regularly if we were to face them in the WS. That I like, lol.

8. MJ
      October 13th, 2009 | 10:19 am

Corey wrote:

You just answered your own question. Their pen stinks and the Yanks that lost to the Phils in late May were not the Yanks that went out and beat the hell out of baseball starting in July.

9. MJ
      October 13th, 2009 | 10:21 am

@ Corey:
      That being said, yes, the Phils are a pretty strong team. Neither the Phils nor the Dodgers would be a cake-walk for the Yanks (or the Angels). I think all four teams could conceivably win it and I wouldn’t be surprised.

I think the Yanks are better than Philly but I give Cliff Lee (and Hamels, to an extent) credit for being very good.

10. YankCrank
      October 13th, 2009 | 11:21 am

I know it’s going to be a long and boring week, but let’s not jinx our boys and look past the Angels just yet ;)

11. Corey
      October 13th, 2009 | 11:22 am

YankCrank wrote:

Ya, it’s mostly cause its a long and boring week.

12. MJ
      October 13th, 2009 | 11:49 am

@ YankCrank:
      Agreed. The Angels will be a much stiffer test for the Yanks and I hope our boys use the next four days to get ready.

By the way, I understand WHY there is such a long layoff between series but I think it stinks. By the time Game 1 rolls around, it will have been 9 days since CC last pitched an inning. That’s just ridiculous.

13. YankCrank
      October 13th, 2009 | 12:39 pm

MJ wrote:

I agree. These guys get used to playing every single day, and the starters every 5 days, so these extended rests are just so out of the ordinary.

Idk if the players like it, but it sure sucks for the fans.