• Cash: Yanks Need To Prove They Can Beat Angels

Posted by on October 16th, 2009 · Comments (15)

Via Bob Klapisch

“To be honest, I think they look down on us,” said general manager Brian Cashman. “They’ve had their way with us for some time, and now we have something to prove to them. It’s not the other way around.

“I think the Angels feared the Red Sox, but they don’t fear us. I think they’re happy they’re playing us.”

Can’t disagree with any of this…

Comments on Cash: Yanks Need To Prove They Can Beat Angels

1. MJ
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:43 am

I think the Angels feared the Red Sox
      ———-
      I probably wouldn’t have put it that way, but, yeah, I think all of the above is most likely true and correct.

Hopefully the Yanks play with a chip on their shoulder and take it to the Angels.

2. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:45 am

Didn’t you already have a post on these quotes?

3. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:48 am

Corey wrote:

Didn’t you already have a post on these quotes?

Perhaps not,I did a quick search…coulda sworn I read it, lol my mind is playing games with me, as I’ve been working overnights at work for the past few nights I’m practically running on empty right now

4. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:50 am

Fuck the Angels up their stupid asses…let’s beat these clowns up.

Can’t wait for this series to start.

5. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:51 am

Time to change the story boys. Just the way Boston did in ’04 and LAA did in the ALDS this year.

6. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:51 am

@ YankCrank:
      Fuck em right in the ear!

7. #15
      October 16th, 2009 | 10:08 am

I respect the Angels and like their style of play, but…..All the past stuff is meaningless. It’s about these players and how they are playing right now. For some reason the talking heads can’t seem to distinguish between historical player stats (which even out over time) and historical team match-up records. It doesn’t matter what Lackey did against the Yankees 4 and 5 years ago. There’s only a handful of guys common to both squads. This year the Yankees are the better team. They won many more games in a tougher division, with great home and road success, particularly from May forward. We hit much better as a team, our infield is much better, and we’ve got a big edge in the pen. We also took 3 out of 4 from them late in the season, including 2 of 3 in their house. Some close ones to be sure, but the Yankees know they can win. If they play up to their ability, Yankees in 6.

8. MJ
      October 16th, 2009 | 10:09 am

@ clintfsu813:
      1) Agree about the story-changing

2) Agree about the ear-”effing” :-D

9. butchie22
      October 16th, 2009 | 10:41 am

I have to applaud Brainless for his candor. Yes, the Angels got over their Red Sox complex can the Yankees’ get over their Angels’ complex? I don’t think that Gym TEacher Joe & Co are in awe of the Orange County Devils/Assholes of LA,Pasadena Ca,though. They do know that they have their number BUT look at all the newbies at play. Does anyone think that the Baseless Runner Swisher, AJ the Pie Thrower, Charlie Cheeseburger and Mark “Former Orange County Angel” Teixeira really fear the Angels? I don’t think so, BUT the dudnderheads in the Yankee front office do! That being said, Cash Man said something that is veracious from one perspective but wrong from another perspective.

@ Crank, mate I didn’t know you leaned that way!??:) It’s all good, I understand your sentiment, even though I think that Scioscia is the best manger in baseball and the angels are such an ideal team in terms of being run, choosing select free agents and etc, it would be nice to see the Yankees win decisively.

@ Clint, Our Man in Tampa…. In the ear, eh? Never would have bloody thought of that one either! This series idoesn’t carry the same weight as the 04 series did for the Red Sox. The Red Sux/Red Pox hadn’t won squat for 86 years. They were the team that took the most beautiful girl to the prom and couldn’t close the deal afterwards(get laid or fuck someone in the ass or ear I suppose) . The Yanks have been in the playoffs every year(save last) and last won the big one in 2000. The Yanks don’t fear the Angels anymore. They have a bunch of new players that could give two sweet shits about being fearful. The Anaheim Devils are a great team BUT so are the Yankees,so it won’t be a case of bitch against master anymore……

@ #15: We agree. Especially the fact that the Yankees know they can win………

10. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 10:47 am

@ butchie22:
      Its Tallahassee actually, lol. Tampa is just the closest venue to see The Yanks. The eff em in the ear thing was a South Park quote :) I agree about this team not fearing the Angels. Its mainly something for the media to stew about.

11. Evan3457
      October 16th, 2009 | 12:08 pm

The two teams step on the field as equals. The past does not matter now.

Any Yankee that doesn’t feel that way shouldn’t be on the roster.

12. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 1:13 pm

Quote of the week Evan..well done sir.

13. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 1:53 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

Quote of the week Evan..well done sir.

Aw man, really? My “fuck them up their stupid asses” didn’t make the cut?? :)

14. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 4:25 pm

Lmao..close second bro.

15. Evan3457
      October 16th, 2009 | 7:20 pm

YankCrank wrote:

clintfsu813 wrote:

Quote of the week Evan..well done sir.

Aw man, really? My “fuck them up their stupid asses” didn’t make the cut??

Well, it’s a matter of style points. You should have gone the high road.

Or maybe I should have gone the low road.

Or something.