• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/16/09 – ALCS Game One Edition

Posted by on October 16th, 2009 · Comments (17)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Yup, it’s finally Friday! And, if the weather breaks, we’ll have baseball in Yankeeland tonight. I’m starting to get pretty amped up, how about you?

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/16/09 – ALCS Game One Edition

1. October 16th, 2009 | 9:49 am

Hey, if you want to talk about Game 1 of the NLCS here today, I’m fine with that too…

BTW, Hughes is fixed?

Sure hope so…

2. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:54 am

You guys agree that Marte is still on roster? I think I might prefer Bruney at this point.

3. MJ
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:55 am

@ clintfsu813:
      It’s really the same turd with a different pitching arm, in my opinion.

4. October 16th, 2009 | 9:57 am

@ clintfsu813:
      Wonder how much of that is GM face saving? Cash did give him that contract…but, more than likely, it’s to turn Morales to the right side in a big spot…

5. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 9:58 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

I look at both of them as a toss up. Both throw hard, both have no clue where the ball is going, so with this Angels roster which would you rather have…a 5th righty or a second lefty?

In that case, I guess Marte is fine. I’m also fine with the move they made to take Hinske off and add Guzman on. I don’t really see a scenario where Hinske would pinch hit for anybody in our lineup so i’ll take the extra speed.

6. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 10:00 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Wonder how much of that is GM face saving?

I’ll say about 0% of it is saving face. If you win the World Series you don’t have to apologize for or cover up any move you’ve made over the year, so the Yankees and their GM are going with the guys who will best help the team get to that goal. At no point in the playoffs does saving face come into the equation.

7. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:16 am

not yankee related but, lol man the Mets are such a joke

he had surgery…today? The dude has been out for months.

8. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:17 am

Corey wrote:

he had surgery…today?

he had surgery…yesterday?*

9. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 1:13 pm

lol well so much for sleep, looks like I picked up 2 tickets to the game tonight from RAB

10. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 1:41 pm

Corey wrote:

Haha awesome! Have fun and bring our boys some good luck!

11. Corey
      October 16th, 2009 | 2:02 pm

YankCrank wrote:

Haha awesome! Have fun and bring our boys some good luck!

Well, I thought I was going to get them. Unfortunatly, I can’t meet the seller in time…he wanted me to meet him in Manhatten by 3pm, and I’m at work on long island till 5, so that was impossible. Oh well, I’ll finally get to see a playoff game live at some point.

October 16th, 2009 | 2:39 pm

Stubhub has tickets for tonight’s game going for $50

13. YankCrank
      October 16th, 2009 | 2:54 pm

Raf wrote:

Stubhub has tickets for tonight’s game going for $50

Yeah man, Stubhub has many affordable tix for tonight. Anybody who is in the NY area can get there tonight if they’d like. Get on it!

14. Evan3457
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:24 pm

CC on 8 days’ rest? Bad news.
      CC vs. the Angels? Double bad news.
      Yanks in bad weather? Triple bad news.

Bad news for the Angels. CC and Mo combine for a 4 hitter. Yanks take the opener (without a home run!) 4-1.

15. MJ
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:28 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

CC on 8 days’ rest? Bad news.
      CC vs. the Angels? Double bad news.
      Yanks in bad weather? Triple bad news.

That was friggin’ awesome. CC had that 2-seamer on the outside working vs. RH.

My only complaint was Posada was dreadful at the plate tonight. Two pitches, two outs in the 4th and 5th innings. Listen to me carefully, you hot-headed schmuck: you’re a horrendous defensive catcher so at least provide value with your bat.

CC was just absolutely the man.

16. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:41 pm

NOTHING pisses me off than constantly referring to CC as “The $161 Million Dollar Man” CC Sabathia…grrrrr

17. clintfsu813
      October 16th, 2009 | 11:43 pm

What did I say earlier? Time to change the story boys. Now, all they can talk about is the “New” CC in the postseason. The “New” Arod in the postseason. Keep it up boys.