• It’s Four Pee-Emm…

Posted by on October 19th, 2009 · Comments (111)

Do you know where your MLB.com Gameday is?

Hey, for those stuck at work or just tracking Game 3 of the 2009 ALCS online for whatever reason, feel free to use the comments section below to discuss this game while it’s in progress. Heck, if you’re tracking, listening, or watching the game, no matter how, albeit online, on T.V or the radio, or via your own personal ability to control and bend both time and space, feel free to talk about it here while it’s happening…

Comments on It’s Four Pee-Emm…

1. JeremyM
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:09 pm

Based on his first half, Aceves was in the circle. That’s what made it a Torre move.

I’m not saying they win, but they had their best bats coming up. No reason, at all, to go to Aceves there. And he gave up that kind of shot to Mathis?

2. JeremyM
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:10 pm

Well, the best bats they had left anyway- Teix (yes, he’s struggling big time but still), A-Rod, and I guess Molina or Guzman?!?!

3. cr1
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:17 pm

Dodgers are making the Phillies work tonight.

4. 77yankees
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:22 pm

Has Girardi taken a swig from the Joe Torre crack pipe?

And how many time is this now he’s going to put in Gardner as a PR and he a) doesn’t steal as the hitter bangs into a DP or b) gets thrown out ???

We’re still up 2-1 and we have CC going tomorrow, and that we can feel good about.

But why do I feel this LaRussa-like bullpen use and obsession with pinch runners is going to come back and burn them if not in this series, then in the WS with all the double switches & such in the NL park?

5. ken
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:23 pm

@ JeremyM:
      IMO, there are two guys in the BP who should be used only when they have to be and not by choice: Aceves and Marte. They have both shown lack of guts despite having decent stuff.

As a fan, non-expert and non-baseball insider, why are things like this so obvious to us? Is there anyone who thought that bringing in Ace was a good idea at the time?

6. ken
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:25 pm

@ 77yankees:
      Joe Gym has been doing this for a while but the team has protected him from having to defend these poor managing decisions.

7. 77yankees
      October 19th, 2009 | 10:34 pm

Let’s light a candle that we get eight solid from CC tomorrow night, and Mo for the last 3 outs.

8. JeremyM
      October 19th, 2009 | 11:07 pm

So did Steve’s brain simply explode after this one? I’m close…..

Consider the candle lit 77, we need it.

9. 77yankees
      October 19th, 2009 | 11:18 pm

JeremyM wrote:

So did Steve’s brain simply explode after this one? I’m close…..
      Consider the candle lit 77, we need it.

I think every Yankee fan needs a good night’s sleep after this one.

10. October 19th, 2009 | 11:34 pm

JeremyM wrote:

So did Steve’s brain simply explode after this one? I’m close…..

Nope. I just decided to take a two-hour break after the game, watch HOUSE and LIE TO ME, remind myself to breathe again, and not let this one get to me.

Yes, it hurts to lose this one. But, the Yankees didn’t do a go job with RISP today and their bullpen, at times, left something to be desired.

Pettitte was OK, in the end. Tex made some nice plays. But, the bottom of the order sucked…aw, hell, this whole game sucked!

There, you got me boiling again, happy now!?!?

😉

11. October 19th, 2009 | 11:35 pm

MJ wrote:

For the record, if my right hand is broken, it’s because I just punched the wall in my dad’s dining room. I am fuming right now.

Kevin Brown feels your pain.