• October 19th @ The Angels

    Posted by on October 19th, 2009 · Comments (36)

    I had the triathlon view of this game – tracking the first 3 1/2 innings via Gameday, watching the last 5 1/2 innings on FOX, and listening to the 2 innings in between those stops on the radio, during my commute home this evening. I wonder how many other Yankees fans were plugged into this one the same way?

    I know that many in Yankeeland want to stick pins in their General Joe Voodoo dolls after this game – for lifting David Robertson and inserting Alfredo Aceves. But, I’m guessing that the Yankees had some reports that suggested Howie Kendrick did poorly against some pitch that Aceves throws and Robertson does not…

    Funny, had this game ended differently, the goat would have been Bobby Abreu for his monster base-running mistake in the 8th inning…leading to that crazy 8-6-2 putout. Maybe Abreu should send Girardi some flowers and chocolates for this one?

    In any event, given that this was a one-run loss…and, if I saw the graphic on FOX correctly, the first ALCS game, ever, now, that the Yankees have lost where they once held a lead of 3+ runs…I can’t help but to lament these three plays:

    1. Top of the 2nd inning, Yanks have runners on first and second with no outs, and then runners on first and third with one out, and they do not score. Bad jobs there by Cano, Swisher and, to an extent, Cabrera.

    2. Top of the 4th inning, Yanks have runners on first and second with no outs, and then runners on first and third with one out, and they do not score. Bad jobs there again by Cano, Swisher and, to an extent, Cabrera.

    3. Top of the 8th inning, Matsui walks with no outs and Gardner is inserted to pinch run. Two pitches later, Gardner is nailed, attempting to steal, on a pitch-out. Two pitches after that Posada hits a huge, clutch, homerun to tie the game. But, losing Gardner as a baserunner in that spot was a big mistake.

    If the Yankees score just one run in any one of these three situations, they either win this game or it’s still just tied when Aceves gives up that double to Jeff Mathis in the 11th inning.

    On the plus-side today, besides Posada’s great homer, Johnny Damon deserves a big gold star for saving the game in the 10th inning backing up third base and stopping Rivera’s wild throw.

    So, here’s the deal. The Yankees used seven relief pitchers in this game. And, they used seven relief pitchers in the game on Saturday. Now, in their next game, CC Sabathia is pitching for them on three-days rest. If the big lefty can only go five innings tomorrow, this could be a tied-series before you know it…

    Now, for some miscellaneous observations…

    By my unofficial count, Joba Chamberlain has faced 12 batters this post-season and has allowed 5 hits.

    Is it just me, or, does anyone else think that Erick Aybar, Clint Howard and Cha-ka from the Land of the Lost all go to the same dentist?

    Lastly, is there any chance that maybe Johnny Damon catches that drive off Mathis’ bat in the 11th inning for the third out of the inning?

    Comments on October 19th @ The Angels

    1. Evan3457
      October 19th, 2009 | 11:39 pm

      But I thought…Joba’s…a reliever? You mean…he’s not? :(

      Lots of things lost this game. Cano, Swisher and Melky are a big part of it, and Swisher deserves the biggest share of blame for that trio. Tex not hitting, but his glove blunts that. Andy making that horrendous location error with a thigh high cutter to Vlad. Joba. Joe lifting Robertson for Aceves. Scioscia out-guessing Gardner and nailing him with a pitchout. The Yanks’ inability to get Howie Kendrick out more than 55% of the time.

      Lots of people to blame. Plenty to go around.

    2. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 12:09 am

      But, I’m guessing that the Yankees had some reports that suggested Howie Kendrick did poorly against some pitch that Aceves throws and Robertson does not…

      Girardi said he liked the matchup better. Didn’t really elaborate. I’m still scratching my head at how things developed.

    3. OldYanksFan
      October 20th, 2009 | 12:29 am

      JHJr, who is not an OFer, took a poor route to the ball. JD MAYBE catches it.

    4. October 20th, 2009 | 2:37 am

      I made the worst decision of watching this game with a few Angels fans in an Irish pub in SoCal… i can still hear their scream when they tied up 3-3.. came homefor 4-4 and they lose

      for a minute i wanted to catch the I-405 and get to the Yankee dugout and tie up Girardi to the yankee dugout cooler.. i didnt understand Marte’s 1 pitch outing or DRob being replaced… Al Aceves hasnt pitched well.. i think he also gave the go-ahead run in 11th in game 2..

      had a hard time just looking at any sports channel.. i switched over to CBS.. didnt even watch ESPN/TBS/Fox.. this is absolutely sickening… Cashman needs to call Joe G and pipe it down… i dont know whether we will get 3more QS this series… absolutely sickening… damn

    5. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 4:31 am

      As much as I slag on Mr and Mrs Homer/Homerette (Sterling and waldman), they actually came up with some pearls of wisdom in the game. Suzyn remarked that if they lost this game it would be because they had early opportunities to score runs. When they put up those three home runs, I thought about the lack of RISP and the fact that these were all solo homers. The empty result of power if you will. They had opportunites to win, made some winning plays(the Jeter tagging out the No Longer Wall Phobic Abreu, Johhny Damonic backing up third on that errant throw and Teix just was great at first) BUT were bad with RISP.

      Was Girardi’s BP management that horrendous ?I say no, they were away and he felt the matchup favored Aceves. Yes, his BP management wasn’t that good ( he out La Russaed La Russa BUT so did Scioscia and their bullpen isn’t as good as the NYYS …on paper at least)either BUT they didn’t lose because of the Aceves choice. The hitters actually need to get hits with men on base, NOT just solo home runs, they should try getting doubles with 2 men on. Cano and Swisher have been lost at the plate to be quite frank.

      Steve, I hear what you are saying about Gardner BUT he’s there for speed/stealing bases not to be stationary. It would have been brilliant for him not to steal, BUT at that point of the game (and the 4-3 score) it was about the Yanks manufacturing/creating a run.

    6. ken
      October 20th, 2009 | 7:53 am

      All Girardi talks about is “stuff” but when you look in Aceves’ eyes what do you see? I see a scared puppy dog (ditto Marte). Robertson has the eye of the tiger. That’ why you don’t make that move.

      There was one guy in the whole world who thought that taking out Robertson was the right move and unfortunately for us he happened to be managing the Yankees.

      I was not surprised to lose that game but the way it happened is very frustrating. Let the players play. Girardi acts like it is a contest of managing.

    7. g1ph7
      October 20th, 2009 | 8:54 am

      No mention of Mariano? His getting out of the jam (with Tex’s help) thought we had a chance, well that was until he was hit for by….Cervelli.

    8. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 8:54 am

      ken wrote:

      All Girardi talks about is “stuff”

      The irony is that Robertson has better stuff than Aceves anyway. So Girardi’s explanation contradicts the facts and makes him look worse.

      Girardi’s not the worst manager of all time or anything like that. He’s just the same as the rest of ‘em. Baseball managers are among the dumbest creatures to walk the earth. Our bozo is no better or worse than anyone else’s bozo.

    9. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 8:56 am

      g1ph7 wrote:

      well that was until he was hit for by….Cervelli.

      Had to PH for him there. You can’t let your best relief pitcher take swings there because (1) he’ll hurt himself and (2) Cervelli has a better chance of getting a hit than Rivera does.

      But Cervelli PH there annoys me because Hinske — not Guzman — should’ve been on this roster available to PH in that situation.

    10. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 8:57 am

      I really don’t understand why everybody is getting on Girardi for this. This game was lost when the all the Yankees produced were four solo home runs, and decided to not put the game away in the 2nd and 4th innings. This game could have been over before Pettitte reached 30 pitches, but the bottom of our order blew it. There are lots of goats for this game, and Girardi is far down the line…the guy, in the last two games, navigated his bullpen to pitch over 11 innings of 2 run ball.

      So Girardi had a small hiccup in the 11th? The game never should have gotten to the 11th, and it’s all on Cano, Swisher and Melky…especially Cano and Swish.

      Now, relax guys. The Yankees were NOT going to go undefeated in the postseason. We have CC going today, we’re up in the series, and that’s about the best case scenario you could have after losing a tough playoff game on the road. Step back from the cliff, all we need to do is win one game in Anaheim. One game, and there’s a good chance that game comes today.

    11. bfriley76
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:01 am

      MJ wrote:

      g1ph7 wrote:
      well that was until he was hit for by….Cervelli.
      Had to PH for him there. You can’t let your best relief pitcher take swings there because (1) he’ll hurt himself and (2) Cervelli has a better chance of getting a hit than Rivera does.
      But Cervelli PH there annoys me because Hinske — not Guzman — should’ve been on this roster available to PH in that situation.

      Amen MJ. I was thinking the very same thing. That’s two games now where having Hinske on the bench would have helped us more rather than Guzman. No one mentions game 2 because we won it, but it would have helped then too. Here’s hoping we have a chance to correct that roster mistake in the World Series.

    12. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:15 am

      @ YankCrank:
      -I hear you that the bullpen has only given up 2 ER in 11 IP. No one is quite saying that the bullpen sucks or that the bullpen blew the game. But it’s hard to say that Girardi put the team in its best position to win by taking out Robertson for Aceves. Forgetting for a moment that Robertson is the superior pitcher and that Aceves has been dreadful since August 1st, the situation simply didn’t dictate a pitching change. That was an extraneous move and there was no explanation or cause for it.

      -I agree that the Yanks lineup failed (again) to put enough runs on the board. Cano, Cabrera and Swisher didn’t do their jobs. But even with that fact, the Yanks had a 3-0 lead that could’ve (and possibly should’ve) stood up. Pettitte made a mistake to Kendrick on an inside cutter but MADE THE SAME EXACT MISTAKE to Vlad in the next inning. How do you throw the same pitch in the same location to the other team’s best power hitter? Either Pettitte or Posada (or both) should have his head examined for that mental lapse. Toss in the fact that Pettitte became obsessed with Abreu at 1st and 2 out in that Vlad AB when there was no reason to worry about him and you had the makings for the inning that more or less lost the game. Bad job all around.

      -I love CC and I’m glad he’s going on short rest because there’s no way I trust Gaudin to start an important game like this today. But it’s hard for me to feel optimistic when Girardi’s just plowed through the bullpen like that. CC needs to go deep or else we’re screwed.

      For all the talk of how Anaheim’s bullpen sucks — and I truly bought into that facet of the game — they’ve been dominating. Darren freakin’ Oliver looked like Steve Carlton out there with his nasty, diving breaking pitch. How can the Yanks be so punchless all of a sudden against turds like Darren Oliver?

    13. Tresh Fan
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:19 am

      Towards the end of the game Fox came up with a very telling stat: the Yankees are now 0 for their last 20 with RISP. If that trend doesn’t change this series can turn awfully quick.

    14. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:23 am

      Tresh Fan wrote:

      Towards the end of the game Fox came up with a very telling stat: the Yankees are now 0 for their last 20 with RISP. If that trend doesn’t change this series can turn awfully quick.

      Yep. A-Rod can’t hit a HR in every game. The rest of the team is going to have to start chipping in here or else this series will end badly.

    15. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:31 am

      @ MJ:
      All of what you say makes perfect sense, and I can’t disagree with it. I think where we disagree is just what, in fact, cost us the game.

      Girardi made a poor move, Pettitte made some bad pitches and they both contributed to a tough loss, but that Angels team is tough and I fully expected them to go out at home and score some runs. The solo home run didn’t bother me, the two-run home run only bothered me because the Yanks were pissing away scoring opportunities and let the Angels stay in the game. Bottom line, Pettitte is a damn good pitcher but nobody expected him to shut out the Angels yesterday. Three runs in 6+ innings is damn good, i’ll sign up for that every time so i’m not ready to say he cost us the game with his solid performance.

      Overall, I just look at it differently. If our fucking bottom of the order comes through with one hit the six opportunities they had to drive a run in, the game is over and Girardi doesn’t have to patch his bullpen into extras again. In my view, the game could have and should have been over in the 2nd or 4th innings when the Yanks had a chance to poor on the runs and blew it. This game never should have reached the 11th inning.

    16. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:33 am

      YankCrank wrote:

      Yanks had a chance to poor on the runs and

      Nice grammar. Pour, of course.

    17. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:36 am

      YankCrank wrote:

      If our fucking bottom of the order comes through with one hit the six opportunities they had to drive a run in, the game is over and Girardi doesn’t have to patch his bullpen into extras again. In my view, the game could have and should have been over in the 2nd or 4th innings when the Yanks had a chance to poor on the runs and blew it. This game never should have reached the 11th inning.

      No argument from me. It could’ve been more than 2-0 to start the 5th inning and that would’ve been awesome. Could’ve chased Jered Weaver sooner, at the very least.

      I’m not mad at Pettitte for giving up 3 runs in 6 innings. That’s all you can ask of your #3 arm. I’m mad at him for not executing in the biggest spot of the game, in part because he caused his own distraction by obsessing over Abreu.

      Anyway, it’s nit-picking on Pettitte.

      If the Yanks lineup does its job, there are no extra innings to be played and no bullpen patchwork for Girardi to completely mess up.

    18. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 9:42 am

      MJ wrote:

      If the Yanks lineup does its job, there are no extra innings to be played and no bullpen patchwork for Girardi to completely mess up.

      That game felt a lot like a 2005-2007 Yankee playoff game, didn’t it?

    19. October 20th, 2009 | 9:49 am

      Tresh Fan wrote:

      Towards the end of the game Fox came up with a very telling stat: the Yankees are now 0 for their last 20 with RISP. If that trend doesn’t change this series can turn awfully quick.

      And, they all laughed at me when I mentioned, towards the end of the season, how the Yankees had stopped scoring as many runs as they did earlier in the year…

    20. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:04 am

      YankCrank wrote:

      That game felt a lot like a 2005-2007 Yankee playoff game, didn’t it?

      2005, if you ask me. The ’06 and ’07 ALDS were characterized by starters not doing their jobs (RJ/Wright; Wang/Clemens) and it being all downhill from there.

    21. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:09 am

      YankCrank wrote:

      I really don’t understand why everybody is getting on Girardi for this. This game was lost when the all the Yankees produced were four solo home runs, and decided to not put the game away in the 2nd and 4th innings.

      No, the game was tied.

      Girardi’s move for the sake of making a move cost them. This is the second consecutive game where he burned through the pitching staff, and it cost him. There is no reason why you burn two guys to face 2 back to back lefties, there is no reason to pull an effective reliever with 2 outs in an inning, as well as burning your 3rd catcher when you have a spare OF’er on the bench.

      Yes, the players have to execute, but that doesn’t mean that a manager has to make things more difficult by getting in the way of things.

    22. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:18 am

      Raf wrote:

      Yes, the players have to execute, but that doesn’t mean that a manager has to make things more difficult by getting in the way of things.

      Exactly right.

    23. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:19 am

      @ Raf:

      I think what I wrote was wrong. I DO understand why everyone is getting on Girardi, and for good reason. The fact of the matter is, whether the Yanks offense could have or should have put the game away early or not, they didn’t. The game went 11 deep and a questionable move by Girardi cost us the game.

      I think what we can all agree on is the blame can certainly be spread around. It was the only game i’ve watched where three of the four solo home runs pissed me off instead of making me happy. We’re just not going to put away the Angels and go to the World Series if we go 0-8 with RISP and hit a couple solo home runs.

    24. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:23 am

      Steve Lombardi wrote:

      Tresh Fan wrote:
      Towards the end of the game Fox came up with a very telling stat: the Yankees are now 0 for their last 20 with RISP. If that trend doesn’t change this series can turn awfully quick.
      And, they all laughed at me when I mentioned, towards the end of the season, how the Yankees had stopped scoring as many runs as they did earlier in the year…

      Steve and Tresh, it becomes abundantly clear when you distill the game to its bare essentials,one fact comes up again and again: the Yanks haven’t hit that well, even in the last two Twins games. It was bound to bite them sooner or later. You can’t keep on leaving a small army on base( 10 this last game) and expecting a win. Yes, Lackey, Saunders and Weaver are very good pitchers, BUT they weren’t that great against the american Idle or Blackburn either.

      Girardi overmanaged that’s for sure. Kendrick was a better matchup for Aceves on paper. The Hairston for Damon switch can be second guessed as well ,though I’m not sure that Damon catches that ball either. Even still the real goat of the game is the RISP problem.

      San Marino was bailed out by intelligent /heads up baseball by his defense more than anything. Nice winning baseball plays in that inning.

    25. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 10:54 am

      butchie22 wrote:

      Kendrick was a better matchup for Aceves on paper.

      Agreed. But fringy breaking stuff is still fringy. Horrible decision there.

    26. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:17 am

      MJ wrote:

      butchie22 wrote:
      Kendrick was a better matchup for Aceves on paper.
      Agreed. But fringy breaking stuff is still fringy. Horrible decision there.

      And if it’s that big a deal, have Robertson pound Kendrick with sliders. Fastball hitter or not, I’ll take my chances with Robertson finishing out the inning after getting two out.

    27. #15
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:18 am

      Girardi out manuvered himself last night. Robertson was looking fine. Should have let him finish the inning. There weren’t enough stats either way to warrant going to Ace. Right now Robertson is pitching better. Ace to start the next inning, and maybe set up to pitch the next 2 or 3, would have been the right call.

      Damon had to come out because a short fly ball sac fly would end the game.

    28. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:32 am

      Raf wrote:

      MJ wrote:
      butchie22 wrote:
      Kendrick was a better matchup for Aceves on paper.
      Agreed. But fringy breaking stuff is still fringy. Horrible decision there.
      And if it’s that big a deal, have Robertson pound Kendrick with sliders. Fastball hitter or not, I’ll take my chances with Robertson finishing out the inning after getting two out.

      See Girardi consulted his note book and that was the result. N0 gut on that move. Imagine if he left Robertson in and the result was the same or even worse; walk off home run. all the sabermetric /matchup freaks would have been on his case. In my opinion, Girardi’s move was far for brilliant BUT that didn’t cost them the game. Most of the team’s ongoing inability to hit with men on base and Swisher the Unsweet and Robbie Cannot falling to sleep at the plate were the main culprits in this loss. Girardi’s micromanaging was just a case of yet another reason in the loss BUT not the primary one.

    29. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:49 am

      butchie22 wrote:

      Imagine if he left Robertson in and the result was the same or even worse; walk off home run. all the sabermetric /matchup freaks would have been on his case.

      From a sabermetrical standpoint, Robertson’s left in. And a matchup freak would not take out Robertson based on a 2 at bat sample size.

      As I said before, the players have to execute, but it doesn’t mean that a manager should give a game away because they don’t. Girardi got away with micromanaging in game 2, and it caught up to him in game 3. Hopefully that will not be the case in game 4.

    30. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 12:03 pm

      Raf wrote:

      From a sabermetrical standpoint, Robertson’s left in. And a matchup freak would not take out Robertson based on a 2 at bat sample size.

      Exactly. Sabermetrics would prefer the strikeout pitcher in that (and every other) scenario. Further, sabermetrics does not exclude the importance of scouting which tells us that Robertson is the superior pitcher.

      Girardi’s move was poorly-reasoned, even within the context of his explanation. By telling us his thought process, it shows that Girardi doesn’t even understand the basics of managing by gut/feel, managing by the book, sabermetric analysis or scouting. Girardi exposed himself to be a complete moron yesterday. He should’ve just said “because I’m the manager, that’s why” and that would’ve at least had him save face from an intelligence point of view. Better to be an abraisive martinet than to try to show how smart you are and expose yourself as stupid in the process.

    31. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 1:27 pm

      Raf wrote:

      butchie22 wrote:
      Imagine if he left Robertson in and the result was the same or even worse; walk off home run. all the sabermetric /matchup freaks would have been on his case.
      From a sabermetrical standpoint, Robertson’s left in. And a matchup freak would not take out Robertson based on a 2 at bat sample size.
      As I said before, the players have to execute, but it doesn’t mean that a manager should give a game away because they don’t. Girardi got away with micromanaging in game 2, and it caught up to him in game 3. Hopefully that will not be the case in game 4.

      Umm, not even the fastball factor? Think again on that one. And on the matchup too. Keeping Roberston in would have been a total gut move based on the matchup. What kind of pitch did the hitter excel in hitting? The Gym Teacher made his move on paper and it came back to bite him on the ass. Some people are acting like that was the end all be all of the game, it simply wasn’t.Raf, my point is that is not were the game was lost per se. When Waldman sighed when those home runs were given up t(that was very amusing to say the least), she had an inkling of what was to come, even though she’s usually a Homerette. I have stated elsewhere on this site that all of the Yankee mistakes : errors, JG’s bullpen a la Russa, Swisher the Overrated and Cannot falling to sleep at the plate AND the lack of RISP have all contrbuted to that loss yesterday. BUT that is not the first time all those things happened…..

    32. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 1:43 pm

      butchie22 wrote:

      Umm, not even the fastball factor? Think again on that one. And on the matchup too. Keeping Roberston in would have been a total gut move based on the matchup. What kind of pitch did the hitter excel in hitting?

      Yes, even with the fastball factor. Every MLB hitter can time and hit the fastball, that doesn’t mean Kendrick will not see a fastball for the rest of the series, nor will it mean a pitcher will stop throwing them.

      Whether it’s a gut move, or a numbers move, both point to leaving Robertson in there. And even if they’re afraid of going after Kendrick, then walk him and pitch to Mathis (.211/.288/.308), pitch around him, or throw him nothing but curves and sliders.

    33. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 1:57 pm

      Raf wrote:

      And even if they’re afraid of going after Kendrick, then walk him and pitch to Mathis (.211/.288/.308), pitch around him, or throw him nothing but curves and sliders.

      The most underrated point in all of this is that with two outs and no one on, the Yanks could’ve easily pitched around Kendrick if his bat vexed Girardi and Eiland so much. Robertson should’ve been given the chance to at least go after Mathis, even if they didn’t think he matched up well against Kendrick.

      The more we talk about it, the more I think Girardi is a complete effin’ moron.

    34. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 4:53 pm

      Raf wrote:

      butchie22 wrote:
      Umm, not even the fastball factor? Think again on that one. And on the matchup too. Keeping Roberston in would have been a total gut move based on the matchup. What kind of pitch did the hitter excel in hitting?
      Yes, even with the fastball factor. Every MLB hitter can time and hit the fastball, that doesn’t mean Kendrick will not see a fastball for the rest of the series, nor will it mean a pitcher will stop throwing them.
      Whether it’s a gut move, or a numbers move, both point to leaving Robertson in there. And even if they’re afraid of going after Kendrick, then walk him and pitch to Mathis (.211/.288/.308), pitch around him, or throw him nothing but curves and sliders.

      Raf, did you see the game yesterday? They showed Girardi going to the stats book! That’s a stat/sabermetric/matchup situation if there ever was one judging from teh manager caught on TV looking up the scenario,isn’t it? Of course it is……. Mind you, I’m not defending Girardi, because a GUT move would have been to keep Robertson in, not by the numbers. On paper, the fastball factor was in play according to how the hitter hit and what he hit STASTICALLY according to the matchup book. So on paper, it made sense but not gutwise. If you DVRed the game , go back to the moment where he literally looks up the stats in the book, such an anti-Gut type of move, it’s ridiculous. You know the type of information like he hits one type of pitch at 535. AVG or has trouble against certain types of pitcher, that is what Girardi did.That was a statsheadgeek type of move removed from feel or gut,hands down.

    35. butchie22
      October 20th, 2009 | 4:56 pm

      Erick Aybar, Clint Howard and Cha-ka from the Land of the Lost all go to the same dentist? Quote from Steve Lombardi

      Steve Clint Howard is such a dork that he’s cool! Aybar does have Cha-Ka like teeth. Heck come to think of it, Clint H looks a bit like Cha-Ka. Remember Clint’s star turn in that Star Trek episode, man was that creepy shit.

    36. Raf
      October 20th, 2009 | 5:04 pm

      butchie22 wrote:

      Raf, did you see the game yesterday? They showed Girardi going to the stats book!

      Yes, I saw the game, and that doesn’t change that the “stat/sabermetric/matchup situation” dictates that Robertson is left in.

      http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/alcs-coverage-the-decision

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.