• ALCS Game 4 Thread: Because MJ Needs A Place For His Stream Of Consciousness Ranting

Posted by on October 20th, 2009 · Comments (222)

Headline says it all…

…anyone that wants a place to rant, feel free to do it here.

-Posted by MJ

Comments on ALCS Game 4 Thread: Because MJ Needs A Place For His Stream Of Consciousness Ranting

1. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:28 pm

WOOHOO! May as well pour salt in the wounds and get Scioscia to go to the bullpen agian.

2. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:28 pm

77yankees wrote:

Well, she sold her five copies in Massachusetts.

And after reading a few pages, I’m sure they used it to roast marshmallows.

3. 77yankees
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:29 pm

LOL, Let’s go Yankees chants!!!!!

4. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:30 pm

OK folks…Chad “Waiting patiently for my turn” Gaudin coming in.

Hopefully he gets 3 quick outs so we can all go to bed happy.

5. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:32 pm

Hey guys i’m back, what happened? 🙂

6. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:33 pm

@ YankCrank:
      I was JUST gonna tweet for you to come back!

7. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:35 pm

@ MJ:
      Haha I think the Yanks did a lot better when I was gone. I was definitely watching though, CC is worth every freakin’ penny and there is no doubt about it.

8. 77yankees
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:35 pm

I was at BP at one of the last home games this year, and the guy net to me keeps yelling, “Phil………Phil” at Gaudin, who was in the OF with his jacket on.

Gaudin finally turns around and says to the guy, “Sorry, I’m not Phil”. LOL

9. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:35 pm

@ YankCrank:
      What happened is:

1) CC is the best in-his-prime, top-5 MLB starter to pitch in pinstripes since Ron Guidry;

2) A-Rod continues to spit in the eye of the haters with another HR, 3 R, 2 RBI;

3) Posada had about as bad a game as any player could have in a victory; and

4) Slowly, the Yanks previous non-contributors (Melky/Cano) got some big base hits.

We’re 1 out away from order being restored to the universe.

10. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:37 pm

MJ wrote:

What happened is:

3) Posada had about as bad a game as any player could have in a victory; and

We’re 1 out away from order being restored to the universe.

Well-put sir, this game sure had a lot of screwy moments too.

11. 77yankees
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:38 pm

27 outs away from the World Series!!!!

12. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:38 pm

One win away boys!

13. YankCrank
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:39 pm

@ 77yankees:
      @ MJ:

I’m checking out guys, need to save all my comments so I have something to at work tomorrow!

Enjoy the night and sleep well, Yanks are one win away from the World Series!

14. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:41 pm

AMEN!

One night after Girardi shits all over the game, CC makes the game idiot-proof.

One win away from Phase 3 of Plan World Domination.

15. MJ
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:41 pm

OK folks, I’m out.

Thanks for keeping me company tonight!

16. Evan3457
      October 20th, 2009 | 11:59 pm

After reading through all that….MJ, you really gotta try decaffeinated, guy.

You’re gonna have a stroke before the post-season is over.

17. Evan3457
      October 21st, 2009 | 12:13 am

1. Yanks 4-17 with RISP. 3-15 while the game was in doubt, and one of those was the RBI-less double by Cano…he finally got a hit with a RISP, an extra-base hit, and Posada turned it into a non-RBI.

2. Terrible base-running by Posada, Cano and Swisher.

3. I mentioned this awhile ago, I’ll mention it again. 1996: Yanks won the title while hitting 27-140 .193 with RISP for the post-season combined. 1998: Yanks won the title while hitting exactly .200 with RISP for the whole post-season. This is how: a lot of chances, a couple of key hits, and dominant starting pitching. Yanks are now 7-42 with RISP in this series, .167, and 13-59 for the post-season as a whole, which is .220. And they’re still 6-1 in the post-season, outscoring their opposition 37-16.

4. Another Yankee starter went at least 6 innings. AJ’s thrown two solid games, Andy a great one, and a decent one. But CC has been lights out, he’s the hero of the post-season. Well, him and A-Rod.

5. I thought A-Rod would have a decent post-season, but never did I ever imagine he would ever have a wet dream post-season like this. So far, he’s not just hitting the living excrement out of the ball almost every time up, he’s fielding well, and his base-running has been both aggressive and superbly judged. (Well, except for missing the stop sign in Game 1. And even then, he knocked over the catcher, and didn’t slap the ball…)

And finally, 6. Before the series, everybody was thinking the Big Question? How do the Yanks stop the Angels’ running game? As if the answer hasn’t been the same for over 100 years of Major League Baseball: “You can’t steal first base.” The Angels’ pitching is good, but their real threat is their aggressive attack, especially with RISP. As great as A-Rod has been, and he has been magnificent so far, the MVP is: CC Sabathia, for slamming the door on this nemesis twice.

18. October 21st, 2009 | 12:36 am

Hey, I think, FOR GOOD LUCK, we should have MJ start a game thread, now, for every game remaining in this post-season! 😉

19. Tresh Fan
      October 21st, 2009 | 12:37 am

1.) GIVE JORGE A BREAK
      Everyone seems to be upset with Posada’s play. Well, I say let’s give him a break———-How does 2 days off sound?

2.) WHY THE WORLD HATES YANKEES FANS
      The Yankees are now 6-1 this post season, yet less than 24 hours ago we were all secreaming for Girardi’s head on a platter—with a Joba garnish—over the one loss; a tight, extra-inning affair that could have gone either way.

20. Evan3457
      October 21st, 2009 | 12:39 am

…I don’t think I was screaming for Girardi’s head on a platter. ‘

What? You didn’t mean everybody?
      Never mind.

21. MJ
      October 21st, 2009 | 10:28 am

@ Evan3457:
      Decaf is like non-alchoholic beer. What’s the point?

@ Steve Lombardi:
      I’ll do my best!

@ Tresh Fan:
      1) LOL, hopefully AJ and Molina take care of business and give Posada more than just two days off.

2) No one called for Girardi to be fired. Any criticism coming his was was 100% merited, the end result of this season notwithstanding. If “the world” wants to hate Yankee fans for justifably criticizing their manager then that level of hypocricy on their part is fine with me. Ask any fan of any other team how they’d feel…

22. clintfsu813
      October 21st, 2009 | 10:36 am

Ask any fan of any other team how they’d feel…

You best believe Sux fans would be calling for Francona’s head