• Itching Like I Have Ants In My Pants…

Posted by on October 22nd, 2009 · Comments (9)

I think that I’m more excited about tonight’s Yankees game than I have been about any other game this season. In fact, this may be the most excited I’ve been over a Yankees game in the last four years. Funny what being on the doorstep of a World Series berth will do to you, huh?

What about you? Is this the most excited that you’ve been, anticipating a Yankees game, in years?

Comments on Itching Like I Have Ants In My Pants…

1. clintfsu813
      October 22nd, 2009 | 4:18 pm

Close 2nd..Standing on Yawkey way getting ready to walk in for my first Yanks/Sox game had me all kinds of antsy. Winning that game was a bonus, lol.

2. MJ
      October 22nd, 2009 | 4:32 pm

I have never been more confused about how to feel for a game.

On the one hand, as much as I like his personality, AJ Burnett is the ultimate wild card. He could toss a gem tonight or get rocked in the 4th inning and neither outcome would surprise me. I hope AJ has his best stuff but he’s not a guy that inspires blind faith, not when he walks the ballpark in most of his starts.

On the other hand, I have tickets to Game 6 on Saturday and would love to be present for the clinching of the team’s 40th AL Pennant.

I really, really, really want the Yanks to win tonight because I’m scared of playing a Game 6 or Game 7, giving the Phillies a lot of rest and joining the Indians (and ourselves) as the big ALCS chokers in history. On the other hand, if someone told me that the Yanks could lose tonight but be 100% guaranteed to win on Saturday, I might sign up for that.

In short, I’m going crazy here. I love the thrill of victory and I know I’ll be super anxious and grouchy tomorrow if they lose Game 5.

The only way to deal with this anxiety is to live-blog the game tonight with another open thread…

3. October 22nd, 2009 | 4:44 pm

I cannot tell you how badly I want to jump off my couch tonight, around 11:30 pm ET, and let loose with a right jab body blow at thin air (my version of the Jeter fist pump) to celebrate the final out of a Yankees win and to signal the pennant winning champagne party to begin. Seriously, I’m chomping at the bit now – and it’s hours before game-time.

That said, I think it’s going to be a close game, etc., and anything is possible. I’m not saying the Yanks will win today. I’m just saying that I want it to happen – very, very, very badly….

Yes, I’m lusting for a Yankees win today.

4. Scout
      October 22nd, 2009 | 4:47 pm

I want this series to end tonight, too, so I can wind-up my baseball-induced sleep deprivation experiment.

5. G.I. Joey
      October 22nd, 2009 | 4:50 pm

As much as it would be cool to witness winning the AL Pennant in person, I desperately want this series to end tonight. The only thing I am nervous about is which A.J. is going to show up tonight.

6. Evan3457
      October 22nd, 2009 | 4:57 pm

Win it tonight. Get this round over with. Get the pennant in hand.

Then, with pennant in hand, the Phillies are up next.

October 22nd, 2009 | 5:00 pm

Scout wrote:

HEAR HEAR!

8. October 22nd, 2009 | 6:40 pm

I’m excited for tonight, but I was probably more excited for game 1 of this series. Mostly because of the huge layoff between the ALDS and ALCS.

9. OldYanksFan
      October 22nd, 2009 | 6:55 pm

I really hope they wrap it up tonight, but 6 days until the WS isn’t rest, it’s a coma. I’m glad the Phillies are done too, as I see so much off time as lowering intensity.

There are just too many freakin off-days in the PS. It’s driving me crazy… and that’s before 6 days of waiting hell.

This is all because the TV contracts drive the schedule, not mlb. If it were me, it would be 5 straight games (DS), 7 straight (CS), and then the current WS schedule. But this would call for day games on the travel days, and TV won’t go for that. I would stagger the Al and NL series by 1 day, so both leagues could play that day game on travel days.

SIX freakin’ days!!!!!