• Swisher & Posada To Start On The Pine For Game 2

Posted by on October 29th, 2009 · Comments (8)

Yankees announced starting line-up for Game Two of the 2009 World Series:

Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    A-Rod 3B
    Matsui DH
    Cano 2B
    Hairston RF
    Cabrera CF
    Molina C

I’m sure that Swisher and Posada are thrilled to hear this news…

…then again, Wade Boggs and Tino Martinez weren’t thrilled in 1996 either and the Yankees survived.

Comments on Swisher & Posada To Start On The Pine For Game 2

1. yagottagotomo1
      October 29th, 2009 | 4:13 pm

I can live with the Molina decision. The Swisher move is retarded. Even if you think Swish needs to sit (which I dont), playing Hairston based on numbers from 6-7 seasons ago is just mind boggling. I’m the biggest Girardi supporter ever, but this is just inexplicable. Go with Gardner to improve the defense, or Hinske to hope for some power. Ugh.

2. Corey
      October 29th, 2009 | 4:26 pm

Are we playing the Nationals in June or the Phillies in Octoboer?

3. October 29th, 2009 | 4:41 pm

@ Corey: Didn’t the Nats beat us up this summer? ;-)

4. October 29th, 2009 | 4:45 pm

Is it true that Enrique Wilson offered to suit up today too if Girardi agreed to start him over A-Rod?

5. October 29th, 2009 | 4:49 pm

I am not a wagon jumper.. but i am certainly thinking abt jumping off the Girardi caravan… he has really confused me this postseason…

we have played 10 so far.. the first 3 CC starts he had not much to do

in the 6 non-CC starts he has made some curious pen moves.. my worry is that he still thinks he is the catcher of the team and not thinking like a manager… some of the moves were raw ill-luck but he is too trigger happy.. and if u believe in something called ‘confidence factor’ i think the quick hooks are not helping our younger relievers…

and i would have started Posada tonight, ok i atleast grudgngly agree its not a terrible move.. but i see no upside in starting Hairston over Swisher… (now if JHair goes up and tears Pedro, i will eat my humble pie, infact i would love it).

6. Corey
      October 29th, 2009 | 4:57 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Didn’t the Nats beat us up this summer? ;-)

They sure did, that’s what I was alluding to.

7. JeremyM
      October 29th, 2009 | 6:12 pm

Well, like Posada said “I just hope we win.” I can understand benching Swisher because he is completely lost right now (though I don’t get making Hairston the guy), but Posada needs to be in the lineup. I guess he was looking at those old Posada vs. Pedro numbers too, which as I recall used to be pretty bad and are completely irrelevant to tonight.

October 29th, 2009 | 9:00 pm

yeah, maybe it’s a good thing I can’t find the game tonight