• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 11/2/09 – World Series Game Five Edition

Posted by on November 2nd, 2009 · Comments (12)

Click here for more information about this entry.

Hey, Yanks…

…because you don’t want to end up like the 1985 St. Louis Cardinals, 1979 Baltimore Orioles, 1968 St. Louis Cardinals, 1958 Milwaukee Braves, or 1925 Washington Senators, do a solid, tonight, and…

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 11/2/09 – World Series Game Five Edition

1. GDH
      November 2nd, 2009 | 9:57 am

This team is playing like champs. The last thing we need to do to complete this thing is solve Cliff Lee and wrap this up tonight.

I tip the hat to Lee, who pitched an incredible game in NYC, BUT – I would really like for the Yanks to shove this game in Cliff’s ear.

Am I the only one who was pissed about the way the guy casually fielded the popup and the way he acted after that lucky behind the back play?

2. MJ
      November 2nd, 2009 | 9:58 am

Forget the ’85 Cards or any other team, let’s just win tonight because it’ll feel good!

Let’s go out tonight and beat their best (Cliff Lee). I want a parade and I want to know what day I’m going to suddenly get an unexpected allergy attack ;-)

3. clintfsu813
      November 2nd, 2009 | 10:23 am

P.S. Buck and McCarver suck ass. That is all.

4. MJ
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:02 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

P.S. Buck and McCarver suck ass. That is all.

They’re annoying in how they seem like they’re trying to jinx the action at all times. I don’t know if they have any specific team allegiance or not — and I’m not one that thinks they’re blatant Yankee-haters — but they definitely seem to root for the opposite of what I’m rooting for at all times.

Mainly I just wish they’d shut up. I wish there was a way to have Kenny Singleton and David Cone doing audio on YES just for us.

5. clintfsu813
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:19 am

@ MJ:
      Hell..i’d even listen to Old Man Sterling if there wasnt a delay.

6. Corey
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:30 am

MJ wrote:

Really? Joe Buck and Mccarver never stfu about the Cardinals.

7. Corey
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:32 am

Corey wrote:

MJ wrote:
      Really? Joe Buck and Mccarver never stfu about the Cardinals.

Should have added that Buck used to announce for the cards (family business as his father, Jack Buck, did the same) and McCarver obviously played for the Cardinals.

8. Corey
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:36 am

Personally, for my wrap it up video, I would have went with this :

9. YankCrank
      November 2nd, 2009 | 11:43 am

Tonight will be the first night, in a long time, where i’ll be rooting for the Yankees season to end.

Let’s finish this shit up guys.

10. Corey
      November 2nd, 2009 | 12:37 pm

Shockingly, Sweeny Mutri had an excellent joke on the fan just now..I’ll share..

(with regard to A-Rod’s centaur paintings) In the future, when we talk about A-Rod and the triple crown, there might be confusion as to which one.

LOL

11. MJ
      November 2nd, 2009 | 5:06 pm

YankCrank wrote:

Let’s finish this shit up guys.

Agree completely. It would be awesome to make Corey’s “NYY in 5″ prediction come true.

FYI – I won’t be around for my ranting thread tonight as I just found out I’m required to attend a family dinner from 6-10. I will have my Blackberry working overtime on the Yankees app, however.

Come on Yanks, let’s do this! I want our final 2009 record to be 114-62.

12. November 2nd, 2009 | 5:08 pm

Sad day for Melky Cabrera… dude huffed and puffed through 113 winscant stick around for one more…

i was reminded of John Olerud when i saw his limp.. an auxillary part that was essential but not the cog of the team… ALCS game 3 2004 Olerud got injured i think and in stepped Tony Clark and we never won another game… i hopw Cabrera is no Olerud as far as omens