• November 2009 Survey Question #3

Posted by on November 12th, 2009 · Comments (11)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:83}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section below.

Comments on November 2009 Survey Question #3

1. MJ
      November 12th, 2009 | 2:34 pm

@Steve: Unless I’m thinking of someone else, I think his name is Mike Dunne (with an ‘e’ at the end of his name).

Not that it matters…he’s cannon-fodder and likely not a 25-man roster spot player to start next year.

2. cr1
      November 12th, 2009 | 2:40 pm

Meaninglessly broad question, since it hides so many shaky assumptions. Like that Joba and Hughes will still be in the bp and that the likes of Albaladejo, Ramirez, and Melancon will still be in pinstripes.

3. MJ
      November 12th, 2009 | 2:50 pm

Correction to my previous post…it is Mike Dunn (no ‘e’). My mistake.

@ cr1:
      Dunno about Albaladejo or Edwar but Melancon will likely be in pinstripes next year.

4. November 12th, 2009 | 3:07 pm

Sean Henn, Steven White, J. B. Cox, Matt Smith, T.J. Beam or Steven Jackson anyone? ;-)

5. GDH
      November 12th, 2009 | 3:34 pm

Girardi: “Robertson has swing-and-miss stuff.” Translation: Robertson has the potential to be Proctoresque next year.

6. MJ
      November 12th, 2009 | 4:23 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

What about Colter Bean?

7. mikew
      November 12th, 2009 | 8:31 pm

Am I missing something … shouldn’t AJ be listed here?

8. 77yankees
      November 12th, 2009 | 9:16 pm

I’d like to see Robertson step up for the 8th inning role, and Melancon get a realistic chance to contribute.

CR1 is right as well. So many things can happen between now and Opening Day…..and many more happen between Opening Day and October.

Remember the Yankees 2009 bullpen started out with Albaladejo, Bruney, Ramirez & Veras, all who made very little or no contributions. And who would have thought in April the Yanks post season pen would have Aceves, Hughes, Joba, Robertson, and Marte?

9. Scout
      November 13th, 2009 | 7:51 am

Once again, the response numbers are in descending order, which suggests that (as with many surveys) the answers reflect in part the order of the choices.

10. jrk
      November 13th, 2009 | 8:46 am

i practically ignored Hughes/Chamberlain in this survey, because it’s too hard to guess what their roles will be. Out of everyone else, I think it shows a lot that DRob led the league in K/9 Innings. Relief pitchers often come in with guys on base, and the “swing and miss” ability (as Girardi puts it) will be huge. I predict Robertson will play a huge role in the late innings next year, and will succeed, as long as Girardi doesn’t overuse him, which we have seen is rarely a problem with him like it was with Torre.

I also found it interesting that during this postseason I seemed to have the most confidence in Roberston (after Mo) out of the pen. Did anyone else feel that way? I don’t know if that says something about Robertson, says something about the rest of the pen, or a little of both?

11. clintfsu813
      November 13th, 2009 | 9:51 am

Thats because he kept coming through. The bases loaded no out jam vs Minny for one. I like that he came through in some tight situations in the playoffs this year. I think that will benefit him for the future, and thats why I chose him.