• A-Rod Still Has Kabbalah Cougar On His Mind?

Posted by on January 4th, 2010 · Comments (17)

Via the esteemed Press Trust Of India

Actress Kate Hudson reportedly dumped sportsman Alex Rodriguez, her boyfriend of nine-months, because he is still obsessed with Madonna.

Hudson, 30, became “mad with jealousy” after the New York Yankees player kept calling and texting the 51-year-old singer with whom he had a fling before he met the ‘Nine’ star, Sun online reported.

“She gave him three chances then hit the roof. How would you feel if your boyfriend kept calling his ex?,” a close friend of Hudson told the newspaper.

Rodriguez, 34, started dating the ‘Almost Famous’ star nine months ago but they split recently.

Boy, when Madonna casts a spell, it’s a doozy, eh? Either that, or, our A-Rod is one messed up little dude…

Comments on A-Rod Still Has Kabbalah Cougar On His Mind?

1. YankCrank
      January 4th, 2010 | 1:41 pm

He can date Spike Lee for all I care. Just keep hitting the baseball.

2. throwstrikes
      January 4th, 2010 | 1:52 pm

Is someone here only obsessed with what un-named cources have to say about A-Rod’s personal life or will you be commenting next on how Tiger’s mistress, per a named source in the NY Daily News, was trying to arrange for girls to hang out with Jeter in Vegas a few months ago?

Both are single guys and their personal lives are no ones business except theirs as long as what they are doing is legal.

3. MJ
      January 4th, 2010 | 3:04 pm

@ throwstrikes:
      The funny thing to me is that Steve has to resort to the Hindustan Times of India to get more negative/salacious material with which to ridicule A-Rod.

Seriously, this kind of posting on the site is ridiculous and low-brow. This is a baseball site, yes? How on earth can you still care about this topic?

January 4th, 2010 | 3:39 pm

The Hindustan Times of India scooped the local rags? Say it ain’t so! :D

5. January 4th, 2010 | 4:12 pm

MJ wrote:

Go ahead and google “Kate Hudson Madonna A-Rod” and you’ll see that many media outlets are running with this story:

San Francisco Examiner
      Entertainment and Showbiz!
      Gawker
      OK! Magazine
      Daily Mail
      The Sun
      Cleveland Leader

all have the story.

I linked to Press Trust Of India, just for fun.

January 4th, 2010 | 4:14 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

I linked to Press Trust Of India, just for fun.

Well, if it means anything, I got a laugh out of it… :D

7. #15
      January 4th, 2010 | 4:39 pm

Let’s hope the Yankees have A-Rod scheduled for an eye exam…..

Keep the penicillin handy too.

8. throwstrikes
      January 4th, 2010 | 4:51 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

MJ wrote:
      San Francisco Examiner
      Entertainment and Showbiz!
      Gawker
      OK! Magazine
      Daily Mail
      The Sun
      Cleveland Leader
      all have the story.
      I linked to Press Trust Of India, just for fun.

Aaaaah. ^ The list of the most trusted publications in the world!

All of those bastions of journalism pirated the story from OK magazine just like you did.

9. MJ
      January 4th, 2010 | 5:05 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

San Francisco Examiner
      Entertainment and Showbiz!
      Gawker
      OK! Magazine
      Daily Mail
      The Sun
      Cleveland Leader
      all have the story.
      I linked to Press Trust Of India, just for fun.

I’m on this site to talk about the Yankees. If I wanted to engage in conversation about drivel and gossip, I’d either hang out on the gossip message boards or I’d cut off my johnson since talking about this stuff is about as idiotic as possible.

10. redbug
      January 4th, 2010 | 5:21 pm

MJ said:

____________________________________________________________________

Then, why talk about it?

11. January 4th, 2010 | 5:59 pm

@ MJ:Ever see the movie North Dallas Forty? There’s a scene where Bo Svenson and John Matuszak are abusing some girl and someone objects and Mac Davis says something like “Hey, those guys are saving my life on Sunday. And, I WANT them feeling like KING KONG. I’m not about to do something to mess with their head…let them do what they want.”

For me, it’s the same thing with my Yankees. I don’t want them to have off-the-field stuff messing with their head. I want them to feel strong and confident – and then carry that on to the field.

So, if A-Rod is messed up and hung up on Madonna – enough to screw up a relationship that was REPORTEDLY great for him – then it’s Yankees related news to me…because it MAY impact his mental state and carry on to the field.

Remember the 2005 post-season? 2006? 2007? It’s proven, when A-Rod thinks too much, he’s meat. And, this could have him thinking too much too…maybe.

12. 77yankees
      January 4th, 2010 | 7:20 pm

#15 wrote:

Let’s hope the Yankees have A-Rod scheduled for an eye exam…..
      Keep the penicillin handy too.

What…..GrandMadonna was once popular……..when A-Rod was in 4th grade.

Although, seriously, we all have a female celebrity we had a thing for when we were young, who you’d probably still want now even though she’s 50 now and you’re 30-40.

January 4th, 2010 | 7:27 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

They’re human beings, off field stuff will mess with their heads.

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Not necessarily true

Alex Rodriguez
      Career: .305/.390/.576
      Career Postseason: .302/.409/.568

Alex Rodriguez got hot over the span of 52 at bats. It’s happened before, I’m sure if given enough opportunities it will happen again.

The “Alex Rodriguez can’t hit when he thinks too much” is media claptrap.

14. butchie22
      January 5th, 2010 | 11:11 am

Raf wrote:

Steve Lombardi wrote:
      They’re human beings, off field stuff will mess with their heads.
      Steve Lombardi wrote:
      Not necessarily true
      Alex Rodriguez
      Career: .305/.390/.576
      Career Postseason: .302/.409/.568
      The “Alex Rodriguez can’t hit when he thinks too much” is media claptrap.

NO offense, where is the context for these stats? since Game 3 2004 of the ALCS UNTIL the 2009 post season, Arod has been a VERITABLE dud in the post season. I’m calling out the “Emperor’s New Clothes” on that stat. arod was a mess in the post season for years on this team don’t try to spin it with some stats that have little context behind them! It’s not media claptrap BUT true, remember when Giuliani had to come out to defend this guy when the classless Yankke fans were mercilessly booing afraud ?!!!! Please , revisionist history is for people who are deniers of certain historical events NOT baseball fans…….

I agree that they are human beings(not Fangraph stats BTW) and that’s why they perform a certain way at times. Psychology has a lot to do with a player’s performance. Baseball is littered with headcases who never played to their potential.People saw Hawn’s Spawn as a good luck charm of sorts. As for Madonna, I’ve always been honest that I go for the younger! Madonna is not so much a cougar but rather a Geriatic Gyrating Botoxed Drag Queen at this point. If Arod wants that over Kate, then homeboy needs to get his head checked….oh I forgot he sees 3 shrinks a bloody week!

January 5th, 2010 | 11:44 am

butchie22 wrote:

NO offense, where is the context for these stats?

Career isn’t enough context for ya?

January 5th, 2010 | 11:51 am

butchie22 wrote:

Be that as it may, Rodriguez has played in the playoffs before game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. That’s part of the “context.”

butchie22 wrote:

Based on what, armchair psychologists? Did he have some sort of magical ability to hit while he was in Seattle? So what happened up to game 4 of the 2004 ALCS? Did he forget that he was playing in NY?

butchie22 wrote:

Baseball is littered with headcases who never played to their potential

Baseball is littered with plenty of people who never played to their potential (whatever that’s supposed to mean). headcases or otherwise.

Repeat after me; correlation does not equal causation.

17. February 27th, 2010 | 10:42 am

[...] and naïve? Alex has to learn that there are times to text and there are times not to text. Maybe Kate Hudson had a point, huh? Filed under Off The Field News ·  Print This Post ·  Email This [...]