• Yanks To Wear Two New BP Caps This Season

Posted by on January 18th, 2010 · Comments (11)

Here’s one (for home games) and here’s the other (for road games).

Hey, it could be worse – at least neither version is this cap. Yikes.

Comments on Yanks To Wear Two New BP Caps This Season

1. jay
      January 18th, 2010 | 8:12 am

They’re not so bad. That last one though.. gross. I don’t understand what kids wear today. What happened to t-shirt, jeans, and a dirty, sweat-stained Yankees hat with the brim curved just right?

2. BryanL
      January 18th, 2010 | 9:28 am

Not a big fan of either BP caps. The road one is awful. I’ll probably get the home one just for the hell of it though.

3. Corey
      January 18th, 2010 | 9:33 am

At least they aren’t those fugly red hats. I’d love to never see those again.

4. MJ
      January 18th, 2010 | 10:38 am

Those hats are horrible. Did the Yanks hire the Mets stylists to design such ugly crap?

5. YankCrank
      January 18th, 2010 | 10:39 am

Gross.

Idk about you guys, but there’s only two kinds of Yankee hats I wear. One is the on-field 59FIFTY hat, and the other is the on-field 59FIFTY hat with a WS patch.

Everything else is crap to me.

6. MJ
      January 18th, 2010 | 10:39 am

Corey wrote:

At least they aren’t those fugly red hats. I’d love to never see those again.

The Virginia Tech ones or the July 4th ones? The July 4th ones were atrocious.

7. Corey
      January 18th, 2010 | 10:58 am

MJ wrote:

The Virginia Tech ones or the July 4th ones? The July 4th ones were atrocious.

Ya know, I don’t think I realized the difference. They were both bad, the Yankees don’t wear red.

8. 77yankees
      January 18th, 2010 | 1:06 pm

Corey wrote:

At least they aren’t those fugly red hats. I’d love to never see those again.

Agreed – red is not the Yankees – it’d be like Boston wearing pinstripes.

Somewhat related – some may not know that in the mid-70s, the Yankees contemplated changing their road unis to the inverse of the home uniform – that being all navy with white pinstripes and the white NY logo & numbers. How gross would that have looked?

9. January 18th, 2010 | 2:40 pm

All three of those are ridiculous… there’s something to be said for the fact that no part of the Yankee uniform has changed in close to 80 years.

10. Evan3457
      January 18th, 2010 | 4:17 pm

I prefer that they just stick with the traditional cap. It’s a classic, and needs no improving or updating.

The two new caps? Eh. I ain’t buying ‘em. But then, I don’t buy baseball caps anyway.

11. BOHAN
      January 18th, 2010 | 11:43 pm

i think those are pretty nice. their just for spring training and BP not like ur going to be seeing them during games in the regular season. every team has bp and spring trainging hats. even colleges and high school have em.