• 2009 World Series Trophy Heading To Fordham Tomorrow

Posted by on January 22nd, 2010 · Comments (7)

Via Bob Birge -

Fans living in the Bronx won’t have to travel far on Saturday to get a glimpse of the World Series trophy, which, of course, is in the possession of the New York Yankees.

The trophy will be making a short trip, as the Yankees will be bringing it to Fordham’s Rose Hill campus, which is only a few miles from where the trophy resides now – Yankee Stadium.

Fans can view and take photographs of the hardware, which will be on display in Fordham’s Rose Hill Gym from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The trophy’s visit to Fordham is in conjunction with the Rams’ basketball game against Temple, which begins Saturday at 1 p.m. Yankees announcer Michael Kay in a 1982 graduate of Fordham.

After Fordham, the trophy will appear at Simmons College, a private women’s undergraduate college in Boston, Massachusetts. Suzyn Waldman graduated from there some time, a long time ago…

[And, yes, I'm kidding - about the appearance part, not about where Waldman went to school.]

Comments on 2009 World Series Trophy Heading To Fordham Tomorrow

1. MJ
      January 22nd, 2010 | 8:58 pm

Michael Kay sure lives a charmed life. Some dopey announcer affiliated with the ballclub and he gets to bring the trophy to his alma mater?

2. YankCrank
      January 23rd, 2010 | 11:54 am

MJ wrote:

Tell me about it. Work for ESPN during the day, be the voice of the Yankees at night. Does it get much better than that?

January 23rd, 2010 | 11:59 am

@ MJ:
      I spoke to him at one of the old fan festivals, and he has admitted as such. He’s living his dream.

4. Corey
      January 23rd, 2010 | 12:08 pm

YankCrank wrote:

I listen to his radio show sometimes during the baseball season, he seems like a pretty miserable guy who can’t get laid at all and works all the time to keep himself busy. At least that’s the character he plays on the show.

5. Corey
      January 23rd, 2010 | 12:10 pm

@ Corey:
      And that’s paraphrasing his words, not mine. Whenever I tune in it sounds like him and the people in his studio are making fun of himself.

6. MJ
      January 23rd, 2010 | 7:52 pm

@ Corey:
      He’s definitely getting laid though…he’s dating Michelle Beadle, formerly of YES’s fan reality show (forgot the name) and currently doing the SportsNation show with Colin Coward (yes, I intentionally misspelled his name).

7. MJ
      January 23rd, 2010 | 7:54 pm

@ Raf:
      Hey, that’s awesome. More power to him for making it from Fordham to the ESPN/Yankee empire. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wish it was me.

And, hey, Michael Kay hated Mussina and I hated Xavier Nady so I’m definitely no less qualified for the job!! ;-)