• January 2010 Survey Question #4

Posted by on January 25th, 2010 · Comments (11)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:90}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section below.

Comments on January 2010 Survey Question #4

1. Corey
      January 25th, 2010 | 10:13 am

I’m surprised there’s no “He will have a horrible season because A-Rod will become his new best friend on the team, which will lead to distractions”

2. MJ
      January 25th, 2010 | 10:29 am

I’m not the least bit worried about the potential impact of Melky not being around to keep Cano company.

If Cano struggles, it’s because he has poor pitch ID and poor plate discipline. He has tasted both success and failure at the big league level with Melky around so it’s not like Melky made him impervious to months-long stretches of sub-.300 OBP and lousy results.

Personally, I have faith that Cano will be fine. He’s a damn fine hitter with some flaws but hitters hit, no matter if their best friends are with them or not.

3. Tresh Fan
      January 25th, 2010 | 10:55 am

Weren’t we wondering the same thing when Larry Bowa, Cano’s personal ass-kicker, left for sunny California with Torre?

4. clintfsu813
      January 25th, 2010 | 10:58 am

@ MJ:
      Agreed. If he wants to be a Major Leaguer for NYY for awhile, he needs to man up and keep mashing and playing great D.

5. YankCrank
      January 25th, 2010 | 11:11 am

The good thing about playing baseball – as most of us have learned from having to play on multiple school teams, summer teams and eventually fall teams – is that you can make best friends all over the place, but the game never changes.

Cano will be fine and has many other friends on the Yankees. He’s not 10-years-old, he can simply pick up a phone and call Leche if he misses him.

6. MJ
      January 25th, 2010 | 11:31 am

I’m really surprised that 10 people have already voted “yes” on this. People are far too wrapped up in BS and fail to think critically and analytically about this kind of stuff.

7. K-V-C
      January 25th, 2010 | 5:50 pm

I disagree MJ. I voted Yes, because as I remember it when A-Rod got to the team it was Melky who pushed Cano into trying to workout with A-Rod. I don’t believe that Cano’s laidback style is style, I think he gets lazy. Bowa is gone, now his best friend is gone, I just hope someone keeps him on track this year.

8. bballben711
      January 25th, 2010 | 5:57 pm

Why is there not an option for “He will exceed what he did in 2009″? Do you really think Cano has reached his ceiling?

9. 77yankees
      January 25th, 2010 | 7:34 pm

I’ve been wondering for the longest time why the media, and some fans have this collective hard-on for Cano? Ever since he’s come up at the end of every season, there’s the Cano trade rumors. And when he gets off to a slow start there were whispers he was going to sent back to AAA as recently as a couple of years ago.

Give it a rest folks – would you rather have Luis Castillo playing 2B?

10. January 25th, 2010 | 9:21 pm

MJ wrote:

FWIW, we’re 107 votes into the poll now and 50% of those voting DID NOT select “Cano is a professional and should repeat his 2009 performance in 2010.”

Sorta tells you that there are some fans out there who do not feel that Cano is not a lock solid bet to be gold in ’10.

11. cr1
      January 25th, 2010 | 10:02 pm

I was actually surprised not to see an option saying something like “He’ll do better next year without the playmate/playschool factor — we’ll see him grow up”‘. Seriously.