• Imagine, Dustin Pedroia & Jose Reyes Playing For The Yankees

Posted by on February 8th, 2010 · Comments (6)

What? It’s impossible, you say?

Really? You think so? Even if I told you it was going to happen in 2018?

Think about this for a minute. If I would have come to you in October 1986 and said “See Darryl Strawberry, 24, and Wade Boggs, 28, in this World Series? Well, in 1995, they’re going to both be playing for the Yankees!”

Yeah, sure, you would have told me to put down the crack pipe – because, at that time, the thought of those two, under-thirty and then-called-future-Hall-of-Famers, playing for any other team would have been wacky. And, make it the Yankeeswell…that’s just crazy

But, as we know, it happened. Boggsy and Straw were teammates on the 1995-97 Yankees. Baseball is funny, that way…sometimes.

So, sure, today, 27-year old Jose Reyes seems like a Mets player forever. And, 26-year old Dustin Pedroia will never leave Red Sox Nation…

…just like Strawberry and Boggs back in 1986….

O.K., kidding aside. Truly, I’m not predicting this to happen. But, as the title here says “Imagine…”

Could the, then, 35-year old Reyes and 34-year old Pedroia be members of the 2018 Yankees? Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter will be gone by then…or, at the least, they better be gone. How wacky would that be? Just as wacky as Strawberry and Boggs in 1995…if you ask me. But, not impossible.

Comments on Imagine, Dustin Pedroia & Jose Reyes Playing For The Yankees

1. Corey Italiano
      February 8th, 2010 | 9:14 am

Reyes would be my new Damon if that ever happened, so let us pray it doesn’t.

2. clintfsu813
      February 8th, 2010 | 11:57 am

Wanted to get thoughts on the advocating of a Sheff reunion I’ve now read on RAB and TYU. I think its a bad idea, but these two sites seem to know more than I, lol.

3. clintfsu813
      February 8th, 2010 | 11:58 am

If not Sheff..have any thoughts on who, if anyone, we should bring on to bring power off our bench a la Hinske?

4. Corey Italiano
      February 8th, 2010 | 12:13 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      I didn’t read it, but it doesn’t sound like a great idea to me.

5. 77yankees
      February 8th, 2010 | 12:34 pm

As a sidebar this year, the Sporting News Baseball Annual gives a prediction of what every teams makeup will be in 2012. Here’s their Yankee lineup listing:

SS:Jeter
      2B:Cano
      1B:Tex
      3B:A-Rod
      LF:Granderson
      DH:Jesus Montero
      CF:Gardner
      RF:Slade Heathcott
      C:Austin Romine

Ace:CC
      Setup:Jairo Heredia
      Closer:Joba

I find it hard to believe they don’t have Yanks bringing in another FA between now and 2012 at least not in that list anyway.

6. BOHAN
      February 8th, 2010 | 11:37 pm

i would hate having reyes and pedroia. reyes is over rated and pedrioa i just dont like very. id cano at a yr older then pedroia any day.