• Fox Sports Lists 10 Players Who’d Look Good As Yankees

Posted by on February 15th, 2010 · Comments (16)

Bob Klapisch of Fox Sports recently compiled a list of 10 players that would look good in pinstripes. He could have easily replaced “looked good” with “will probably never wear” but the list could lead to an interesting discussion:

1. Johnny Damon
    2. Carlos Beltran
    3. Cliff Lee
    4. Carl Crawford
    5. John Lackey
    6. Dustin Pedroia
    7. Joe Mauer
    8. Albert Pujols
    9. Tim Lincecum
    10. Prince Fielder

Johnny Damon, Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee actually make some sense. If Damon signs a one-year deal with a non-contender and the Yankees still need an outfield option in July, they could trade for him. I also think the club will pursue Crawford or Lee next winter. I don’t think we’ll ever see Albert Pujols, Joe Mauer, Prince Fielder or John Lackey in pinstripes.

Is there a particular player that you think would be a great fit with the Yankees?

Comments on Fox Sports Lists 10 Players Who’d Look Good As Yankees

1. clintfsu813
      February 15th, 2010 | 1:44 pm

CC the sequel and the Doc. Cliff too. Forever pass on Stinky Face Pedroia.

2. February 15th, 2010 | 2:09 pm

I always wanted to see Mark Teixeira in pinstripes, so I got my wish. I also wanted Ichiro to make his way to the Yankees, but I don’t know if he’d fit in well with the club.

3. clintfsu813
      February 15th, 2010 | 2:26 pm

Yea..That Mark guy has done ok so far ;)

4. BILLSTYLE
      February 15th, 2010 | 4:26 pm

Nick Markakis

5. clintfsu813
      February 15th, 2010 | 4:28 pm

Adam Jones for that matter.

6. dan l
      February 15th, 2010 | 5:43 pm

Please get Joey Votto! He is a future MVP!

7. Corey Italiano
      February 15th, 2010 | 5:47 pm

I’m a big Prince Fielder fan, but I have no complaints since we have Tex.

8. MJ Recanati
      February 16th, 2010 | 12:00 am

Johnny Damon
      Carlos Beltran
      Cliff Lee
      Carl Crawford
      John Lackey
      Dustin Pedroia
      Joe Mauer
      Albert Pujols
      Tim Lincecum
      Prince Fielder
      —–
      I didn’t bother reading the article but I don’t see why Damon’s name would get mentioned. He already “looked good” as a Yankee but was let go. As far as the rest of ‘em:

-Beltran, Lackey and Pedroia can go eff themselves. I want nothing to do with them;
      -Crawford would’ve been appealing a few years ago. By next year he’ll be just another guy paid for previous value whose game (speed) won’t be with him for long enough into his future contract. Pass;
      -No chance we see Mauer or Pujols in NY. Better bet that one (or both) end up in Boston, although they’re still likely to stay with their current clubs;
      -Prince Fielder is a future DH so maybe he makes it to NY…but I have a real dislike of guys that play sports and are nevertheless morbidly obese. He doesn’t seem like a great bet to age well;
      -That leaves Cliff Lee and Lincecum. I’d forego food and shelter for a year if it meant they’d both be Yankees.

The one guy not on this list I’d love to also see in Pinstripes is Troy Tulowitzki. Instead of paying a geezer $100+M to live out his fantasy that he’s still going to be a credible SS at the age of 40, we could get a guy that idolizes that geezer and plays the position better than the geezer ever played it…

9. BOHAN
      February 16th, 2010 | 6:12 pm

if i ever see pedroia in pinstripes ill throw up and not be a yankee fan anymore. hes just dirty and scumbag looking and looks like a mess in everything he does on the field. always thought beltran was over rated a bit got all his money based on a good playoff performance. lackey is a bulldog but is going to be done after his contract is up. i love crawford and hell be a great fit they get him next year. not a big lee fan. and i love fielder mauer pujols and lincecum but i really hopew they stay where they are for their whole careers cause that would be better for baseball. might change way players go about jumping from team to team. love to see homegrown talent stay where they were brought up.

10. BOHAN
      February 16th, 2010 | 6:13 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

im a huge tulo fan but a yankee fan should never talk bout jeter that way. jeter belongs in pinstripes for however long he wants to be. hes smart enough to get out when he can no longer perform.

11. Corey Italiano
      February 16th, 2010 | 6:20 pm

BOHAN wrote:

not a big lee fan.

How?

12. February 16th, 2010 | 6:40 pm

“But Pedroia plays harder and has a greater emotional investment in the day-to-day outcome of his team. In other words, he cares more than Cano.”

How the heck can Bob Klapisch make such a claim… that Pedroia “cares” more? “Greater emotional investment”? Because Pedroia pisses and whines more? Come on here…

13. BOHAN
      February 17th, 2010 | 12:44 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

BOHAN wrote:not a big lee fan.How?

its not that i dont think hes a great pitcher, he is, i just never liked his attitude. like when he caught that lazy flyball so no chalantly (idk if thats spelt right) or when he wouldnt take the ball on three days rest. i just think hes kinda soft as a pitcher. if i was him id be beggin to get that ball on 3 days rest whether i felt good or not. you should go out there and find a way to win. thats all

February 17th, 2010 | 8:43 am

I dunno, don’t think anyone would’ve thought that Doc & Straw and Boggs & Clemens would ever have played with the Yanks when both were in their primes with the Mets and Red Sox respectively.

15. teix25
      February 17th, 2010 | 11:48 am

I agree with what BOHAN said. I dont know how you can talk bad about Derek Jeter if you are a Yankees fan. I agree his aging might hurt his defense but this is the captain we’re talking about here. He IS smart enough to get out when he knows it is time.

As far as who I would like to see as a Yankee realistically would be Carl Crawford. Him and Granderson would be a dirty outfield.

Speaking of dirty, Pedoroia better not be a Yankee…EVER

16. February 23rd, 2010 | 8:26 am

[...] policy State of the Yankees: Bullpen Granderson willing to move (but probably won’t) Fox Sports Lists 10 Players Who’d Look Good As Yankees Elder statesman Pettitte up to challenge Yankees Annual 2010 On Sale [...]