• That’s Going To Leave A Mark…

Posted by on March 29th, 2010 · Comments (12)

…out for a couple of days.

Mark Teixeira reacts after he was hit by a pitch during the second inning of a spring training game on March 29, 2010. (AP Photo/Steve Nesius)

Everyone’s worst nightmare – an injury to a key player in the last week of Spring Training. Hopefully this one is minor, in the end.

Comments on That’s Going To Leave A Mark…

1. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 7:34 am

I missed it, when did this happen? Who threw the pitch?

March 30th, 2010 | 7:38 am

MJ Recanati wrote:

I missed it, when did this happen? Who threw the pitch?

Yesterday & Jeremy Guthrie

3. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 7:47 am

Bummer. Hopefully it’s just a bruise.

I’m sure it wasn’t intentional but I’d still let Matt Weiters know that Burnett’s fastball hurts more than Guthrie’s does.

4. Corey Italiano
      March 30th, 2010 | 8:22 am

He threw his helmet down like it was a serious injury. Thought I was going to have a heart attack.

5. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 8:43 am

@ Corey Italiano:
      Ugh, don’t tell me that! If he goes down, that would suck. The pupu platter of Juan Miranda and Nick Swisher at 1B with everyday AB’s for Dwight Randolph Winn in RF? Awful.

Call me irrational but I wouldn’t be the least bit upset to see Matt Weiters take one in the same place, courtesy of Burnett.

6. Corey Italiano
      March 30th, 2010 | 8:48 am

@ MJ Recanati:
      I know you hate him, but NJ would play first in that scenario and Miranda would split time at DH with Thames. Not ideal, but its better than Winn.

7. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 8:52 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

NJ would play first in that scenario

In other words, Swisher/Miranda would be playing 1B within a week after that fragile POS wrenched his back bending down to field a grounder during warmups.

8. BOHAN
      March 30th, 2010 | 1:00 pm

Its just a bruise guys. not a big deal. he reacted th way he did cause getting hit by a 95 mph fastball hurts quite a bit. especially when he hits all muscle. its like getttin a dead leg in ur tricep. also i cant wait til NJ shuts all the haters up.

9. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 1:17 pm

BOHAN wrote:

i cant wait til NJ shuts all the haters up.

There is nothing he can do to change my mind about him. Literally nothing.

10. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 1:18 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

There is nothing he can do to change my mind about him. Literally nothing.

11. BOHAN
      March 30th, 2010 | 4:57 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

MJ Recanati wrote:There is nothing he can do to change my mind about him. Literally nothing.I take that back. He can play out his entire contract in New York without missing a game due to injury. If he can do that, I’ll be satisfied. Thus far in his career, that hasn’t ever happened.

theres a small percentage that ever does that now. theres no more cal ripkens in the game. evryone takes a day of here and there cause theres something bothering them.

12. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 7:41 pm

@ BOHAN:
      A day off to catch his breath every now and then is fine. What I’m talking about is none of his usual 15-day DL stints that turn into 2 months. If he plays more than 95 games this year, I’d be shocked.