• Greatest/Favorite Yankees Tournament – Div IV, Round I

Posted by on March 30th, 2010 · Comments (9)

Click here for more on what this is about.

And, click here to make your picks.

Have fun – pick your favorites or pick who you thought was a better Yankee. It’s your choice. And, feel free to use the comments section here to discuss and debate the match-ups and your picks.

Comments on Greatest/Favorite Yankees Tournament – Div IV, Round I

1. Corey Italiano
      March 30th, 2010 | 9:49 am

Hurts to vote against Conie. He’s one of my favs.

2. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:13 am

@ Corey Italiano:
      LOL, that was the only one I had to stop and think about. I went for Cone, myself, but I definitely think that one was like picking between your kids.

3. clintfsu813
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:37 am

@ MJ Recanati:
      Over Bernie? Nah…easy choice there fellas

4. Corey Italiano
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:41 am

@ clintfsu813:
      Bernie is hands down my favorite player of all time, so yea it wasn’t too hard. I just loved Conie.

5. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:44 am

@ clintfsu813:
      @ Corey Italiano:
      You’ll be surprised to hear this (sarcasm) but I have no nostalgia for the Dynasty 90′s Yanks.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Bernie, but there’s something about Cone that I just loved. I also happen to prefer pitchers to hitters in general. After A-Rod and O’Neill, all the rest of my faves are hurlers (Cone, Rivera, Clemens, Key, El Duque).

6. Corey Italiano
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:49 am

MJ Recanati wrote:

You’ll be surprised to hear this (sarcasm) but I have no nostalgia for the Dynasty 90’s Yanks.

Sounds like some nostalgia to me just for different players. :P

7. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 10:57 am

@ Corey Italiano:
      Kinda, but I look at it this way: most folks love Bernie/Jeter/Posada, etc. because they won titles and all that jazz. To me, I don’t really care about that. No one earns points with me for winning or for being a part of a championship team. I wouldn’t love A-Rod any less if he never won and I don’t love him any more because he did.

Like I said, I liked Bernie when he was playing. But when it was over, it was over and I moved on. I didn’t like the way he handled the end of his career and it rubbed me the wrong way a little. Didn’t change my feelings about him but I wasn’t in mourning that it was time for him to leave. It’s why I don’t care about the day that Posada/Jeter aren’t on the team anymore. Meh, they’re good players and all that, but they’re dickwads just like everyone else.

I’m a fan of the laundry more than anything. I don’t form too many connections with the players themselves anymore.

(Rivera and Clemens being perhaps the only exceptions; maybe A-Rod too).

8. BOHAN
      March 30th, 2010 | 1:12 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      “dickwads”? how so? thats one of the most retarded statements ive heard in a while.

9. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2010 | 1:19 pm

@ BOHAN:
      What’s retarded about subjectivity?