• April 2010 Survey Question #2

Posted by on April 9th, 2010 · Comments (6)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:98}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section.

Comments on April 2010 Survey Question #2

1. Corey Italiano
      April 9th, 2010 | 12:56 pm

I miss the worm killer, can’t lie.

2. MJ Recanati
      April 9th, 2010 | 1:01 pm

@ Corey Italiano:
      He was my 2nd pick, if I could pick two.

I went with Arodys Vizcaino, if only for what he represents and how exciting pitching prospects can be.

3. K-V-C
      April 9th, 2010 | 3:58 pm

Wang, it was only a couple of million dollars, and Cashman’s record on pitching decisions is shaky at best. I hope Wang has a great career and sticks it to the Yankees when ever he can.

4. YankCrank
      April 9th, 2010 | 6:39 pm

K-V-C wrote:

Sticks it to the Yankees? Are you more of a Yankee fan or a Cashman hater?

I liked Wang as well, and I wish he could have been a happy, healthy Yankee for many years to come. But it was Cashman who was smart enough not to give him a long term deal when all the fans were screaming for it, when he was winning 19 games a year but still had a sketchy injury history.

Be happy Wang is trying to recover as a National, and the Yankees aren’t on the hook for 3 more years when he may never pitch effectively again.

Jeez.

5. mondoas
      April 10th, 2010 | 12:24 am

I picked Wang because of the history I have with being a fan of his. He won 19 games, which isn’t easy, twice then got hurt and was told the wrong advice on his rehab then basically told to hit the road. The thing is that I get the whole “what have you done for me lately” and Wang hadn’t done anything so he was told good-bye.
      The others on the list never excited me or had me yelling at my computer (MLB.com b/c I live in AZ) a lot.
      Arodys Vizcaino has been talked about as being a great prospect but I don’t get emotionally invested in prospects because if you do then you will get your feelings hurt.
      Of course, there are some that you can’t help but become emotionally invested in. See…Jesus Montero :)

6. lully221
      April 10th, 2010 | 10:24 am

something never felt right about wang’s departure. the way he was greatly pressured during his comeback last year, I don’t think we ever got to see what he’s still capable of.