• Cashman’s Queens Delivery

Posted by on April 22nd, 2010 · Comments (9)

While watching this afternoon’s game, Ken Singleton and John Flaherty were discussing a nice gesture performed by the Yankee GM the night before. Xavier Nady is now on the Chicago Cubs, and they are in Flushing currently playing the Mets. Brian Cashman took the liberty of going down to Citi Field to hand deliver Nady’s World Series ring. What did Nady think of his new ring? Well an article from the NY Post has this quote:

“It was funny. I didn’t know when I was going to get it so I was surprised,” Nady said. “It was pretty special.”

Nady praised Cashman for bringing it over himself and said the ring was “gorgeous.”

Whether you like him or hate him you have to admit that this was, as Ken Singleton put it, classy.

Comments on Cashman’s Queens Delivery

1. 77yankees
      April 22nd, 2010 | 10:30 pm

I think it should be practice for all players to be presented their ring by some team rep in person.

If you were a player, would you want to receive your WS ring via FedEx??

2. MJ Recanati
      April 22nd, 2010 | 10:43 pm

Definitely classy for Cashman to bring the ring in person.

My only question…WTF did Nady do to deserve a ring? Hey, it’s cool, the Yanks can afford to lavish everyone with all that bling but I just think it’s funny that a guy that had NOTHING to do with last year’s success gets to prance around like he’s a champion.

Yep, I still hate ‘effin Nady.

3. April 22nd, 2010 | 11:37 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      If you were on the team, you get a ring. That’s the way it works.

It’s actually worse than that – sometimes “friends” of the team get rings too…pretty sure the Red Sox gave a ring to anyone who ever took a piss in Boston back in 2004.

4. Corey Italiano
      April 22nd, 2010 | 11:41 pm
    5. Evan3457
      April 22nd, 2010 | 11:45 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

:o

;)

6. Evan3457
      April 22nd, 2010 | 11:45 pm

Hey! This site wasn’t struck by lightning.

7. Corey Italiano
      April 22nd, 2010 | 11:49 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

Steve Lombardi wrote:

That was me, lol.

8. Evan3457
      April 23rd, 2010 | 6:25 pm

Sorry, Corey. I didn’t even scan the name on the post.

Now things make sense again. :)

9. BOHAN
      April 23rd, 2010 | 8:43 pm

anyone that was on the 40 man roster to start the season and end the season gets a ring. every team does that. its not the yankees “have the money.”