• Turning The Page

Posted by on April 29th, 2010 · Comments (11)

Flipping my calendar over to May – yes, I always get a head-start on that task – I just realized that, in the 15 day span between May 2nd and May 16th, I’ll be attending three professional baseball games – two Yankees games and one BlueClaws game. (I say “professional” because I’m not including the six Little League games that my kids have scheduled as well during those two weeks.)

Finally, it’s starting to feel like baseball season to me. Better late than never, huh?

Comments on Turning The Page

1. Corey Italiano
      April 29th, 2010 | 11:22 am

I’m glad

2. jrk
      April 29th, 2010 | 12:34 pm

I hope you get to see a Yankees walk-off win to light your fire since normal everyday wins don’t excite you anymore.

3. clintfsu813
      April 29th, 2010 | 12:58 pm

@ jrk:
      We could use a few walkoffs when we get back home. We havent had any yet this year. Of course we havent played a whole lot of games there yet either.

4. MJ Recanati
      April 29th, 2010 | 2:10 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

We could use a few walkoffs when we get back home.

I’d rather we blow teams out!

5. April 29th, 2010 | 2:32 pm

I’m with MJ – give me a nice, early, comfortable lead…and avoid 40,000 people all leaving the Stadium at the same time at the end of the game.

I like to let the early quitters go…and then I’ll have less people to weave through at the end of the game.

6. jrk
      April 29th, 2010 | 2:38 pm

While watching I’d rather a blow-out, in retrospect if I had to choose a way to win, it’d be walk-off.
      But I guess it depends on where you live and if you need to drive home or could just hop on the subway.

7. INAC
      April 29th, 2010 | 3:48 pm

So I suppose that post from a few weeks ago about “the end of my Yankee fandom?” might be going by the boards now.

That’s always good.

8. April 29th, 2010 | 4:17 pm

Hey, I just meant that I’m excited to be going to a few baseball games, including the Yankees, in person, soon.

Has this changed my position on this Yankees team – meaning that I don’t get overly excited when the win and I don’t get upset, like I used to, when they lose?

Nope. Still feel the same way on that.

But, that doesn’t mean that I can’t get happy over sitting in a ballpark watching pro teams. I love that…always have and probably always will….

9. RobertGKramer@AOL.Com
      April 29th, 2010 | 5:08 pm

What Blue Claws game are you going to? I’ll be at vs. Charleston River Dogs on May 5th.

10. April 29th, 2010 | 5:17 pm

@ RobertGKramer@AOL.Com:
      I’ll miss that Dogs game. But, I’ll be at one later in July.

May 1st, 2010 | 1:39 am