• Yankees May 2010 Monthly Win Expectancy

Posted by on April 29th, 2010 · Comments (7)

For more on what this is, click here.

For the month of May 2010, the New York Yankees should win 17 games and lose 12 games – all things considered, and being reasonable about it.

That would be .586 baseball for the month – which is the win rate I expect the Yankees to have overall this season.

Yes, sure, there are some tough teams on the Yankees ledger for May. But, there are also a lot of home games in May too. And, they should take advantage of that…when they can…

Comments on Yankees May 2010 Monthly Win Expectancy

1. MJ Recanati
      April 29th, 2010 | 10:31 am

Steve, I concur with the 17-12 record for the month of May.

With last night’s win, I missed my 12-10 April win expectancy pick. Hopefully I’ll be 2-3 wins under every month this year!

2. April 29th, 2010 | 10:42 am

FWIW, at my first cut, I had them at 16-13 for May and then I did the “Screw it, they’re the Yankees” thing again, like last month, and made it 17-12.

It’s aggressive. But, with the Yankees, hey, there should be a higher bar.

3. MJ Recanati
      April 29th, 2010 | 11:33 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Funny, I actually saw it the other way. I had them at 19 wins but dinged them because Boston and Tampa aren’t the same teams as the last time they played.

4. Pat F
      April 29th, 2010 | 12:13 pm

steve –

any thoughts about putting up a post about the end of the month reviewing the previous month’s predictions (we still have two games left in april, and there may already be plans for this which is why i ask)? it was interesting clicking back to that link to see what you and everyone in the comments thought for the month. an end of month recap would be just as interesting as the prediction itself, highlighting where you expected them to do better, worse, and right as you expected. just a thought.

5. April 29th, 2010 | 12:31 pm

Pat F wrote:

That’s the plan – at month end to review the Win Expectancy numbers for the month and see how the Yankees did compared to that.

6. Pat F
      April 29th, 2010 | 1:00 pm

great, thanks. looking forward to seeing how your and everyone else’s predictions shake out.

7. June 1st, 2010 | 7:10 am

[...] into this month, I thought that it would be reasonable, all things considered, if the Yankees went 17-12 for the month of [...]